Has your state tentatively posted when parks will open back up?

Jeep Guy

Mar 7, 2018
There is no opening date yet here in Louisiana. We have reservations in May so hopefully the parks reopen soon. We also booked a spot at the KOA in Ouray, Co in July so I am REALLY hoping that Colorado goes back to semi-normal by then.

Jax New Toy

Jun 26, 2018
Nashville, Tennessee
Getting stir crazy and ready to camp. Have you heard any good news about when campgrounds are due to open in your area?
From TN State Parks website - "All campgrounds are closed through April 30th. At this time, upcoming reservations will be honored for arrivals beginning May 1st. Online reservations will remain available for trips with arrival dates after May 15th."

SpaceGuy85

May 1, 2019
League City Texas
AUSTIN—Texas State Parks will begin reopening for day-use only April 20 as part of a broader effort to begin reopening the state of Texas. Per Governor Abbott’s direction, new restrictions in effect include requiring visitors to wear face coverings and maintain a six-foot distance from individuals outside of their party, and prohibiting the gathering of groups larger than five. So, no overnight camping - yet...

ben31popup

Take me camping! Annual Average - 28 days
Aug 4, 2012
Middle Georgia
Almost all Georgia State Parks remain open for camping and recreation. You still need to keep the social distancing and the interactive exhibits are closed, but the other fun parts are open.

Derek S

Mar 31, 2020
Blacksburg, SC
Getting stir crazy and ready to camp. Have you heard any good news about when campgrounds are due to open in your area?
South Carolina has tentative plans to open State Parks in May. Many folks here believe the worst is over, I'm not so sure. I rely on scientific data to do my job at work. I would like to see more data from testing (much more testing) to determine my own course of action. The Medical Science does not lie. Big Business is pushing hard to reopen. Let us all be aware that we are dealing with a mindless virus who cares not for our wants and needs! Stay Safe, Stay at Home... Live to Play Another Day!

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
South Carolina has tentative plans to open State Parks in May. Many folks here believe the worst is over, I'm not so sure. I rely on scientific data to do my job at work. I would like to see more data from testing (much more testing) to determine my own course of action. The Medical Science does not lie. Big Business is pushing hard to reopen. Let us all be aware that we are dealing with a mindless virus who cares not for our wants and needs! Stay Safe, Stay at Home... Live to Play Another Day!
Small business is pushing just as hard if not harder, they stand to lose the most & many may not recover...I'm all for making sure things get better & don't mind waiting, but will still hit the woods/water w/ the wife & dog & avoid others, no being house bound for me in a rural area...

lepetsos

Jan 4, 2017
Lafayette, CO
Here's a new one. Larimer County in CO (several large lakeside campgrounds) doing a limited open on April 24th. Only county residents with existing reservations.
The kicker:
  • Self-contained “hard-side” units only (defined as camping units with bathrooms)
Let's hope this idiocy doesn't spread.

UPDATE: LC provided some clarification, popups with "bathrooms" will be allowed.

Last edited:

Jeep Guy

Mar 7, 2018
Here's a new one. Larimer County in CO (several large lakeside campgrounds) doing a limited open on April 24th. Only county residents with existing reservations.
The kicker:
  • Self-contained “hard-side” units only (defined as camping units with bathrooms)

Hopefully everything in Colorado is back open in July. We booked a trip to Ouray in the middle of July. But we can always cancel if things are not open by then.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
The kicker:
Our soft-side is self contained. Water heater, sink, toilet, stove, and shower.

davekro

Super Active Member
Aug 30, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
In California the best I can tell is that though the 3/19/20 Shelter In Place order is ;until further notice'. But Major companies had announced back then they were shut down (except for critical persons required to maintain the facilities) until Sunday May 3rd. So I do not expect the Governor to make any update announcements for what will and won't change until a day or two before May 3rd.

Governor Newsom did make an announcement Tuesday 4/14/20 explaining all that is being done behind the scenes in six critical areas to be able to gain the best info to inform how best to roll back various restrictions over time as conditions are improving. It was very good to hear lots of details about well researched and thought through plans made by collaborating with state, county and city health officials. He said 'if' the positive trends and other anticipated conditions occur, he anticipates announcing a positive progressive rollback plan at the end of April. Yesterday (4/22) he announced that hospitals were going to start accepting 'delayed procedures' like heart valve replacements, angioplasty and colonoscopies. I take this a very positive sign that hospital surge for Covid-19 is past. Makes me feel hopeful that some positive announcement for 'some kind of rollbacks' in early May or soon after. It will likely start with businesses and schools that have been able to re-design their spaces to allow for 6' social distancing. Masks may well be required as they are now for anyone at stores, medical facilities, etc.

Best case scenario for me financially and my 100% revenue stopped office coffee business, is if the large high-tech Silicon Valley companies are allowed to bring some employees back in early May (20% to 50% as a start??). Fingers crossed for it being SAFE to do so and maintaining social distance in the work places initially OK'ed to bring some portion of employees back.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
PA. Has it parks closed until April 30 so far, I have a camping trip scheduled April 30 -May 2. So far my reservation has not been cancelled
official email today at 430pm...this campground remains closed, so your reservation is cancelled!

McFlyfi

Super Active Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thousand Oaks CA
...In California... schools that have been able to re-design their spaces to allow for 6' social distancing.
I work for the largest school district in Ventura County. K-12 school are not going to open back up this year. Ours certainly isn't. LA Unified isn't. We're still trying to figure out if we'll have summer school.
On a bright spot, Ventura County has opened some beaches, county parks and trails with social distancing rules. The caveat: parking lots are closed. So if you can't walk or ride a bike to the open location, no soup for you!

@davekro, I hope your business come roaring back!

Chaloune

Apr 23, 2020
West coast FL
All of FL closed till 4/30
I have 2 reservations for Summer. June and a July.
Hoping we can camp. The way we camp we wont even use communal areas. Our popup has indoor and outdoor shower and a potty.

gladecreekwy

Super Active Member
Sep 25, 2016
Jackson Wyoming
Our trip isn't until August, so we are hopeful things will be closer to normal by then. (Most of a week at Fremont Lake, a week at Colter Bay RV park - not exactly remote, but should be handy.)
Fremont Lake is beautiful. The Wind River Mountains are spectacular and no one goes there. Coulter Bay is also great and as you said very good location.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Fremont Lake is beautiful. The Wind River Mountains are spectacular and no one goes there. Coulter Bay is also great and as you said very good location.
We camped at Fremont more than 10 years ago, before they re-worked the campground. Courtenay will do an overnight backpack in the Winds, he did one that time (Elk something trailhead maybe?). He keeps saying he wants to do a longer backpack, but not this time. August 16 Peak is one possible destination when he gets a longer trip.