Has your state tentatively posted when parks will open back up?

gladecreekwy

Super Active Member
Sep 25, 2016
Jackson Wyoming
We camped at Fremont more than 10 years ago, before they re-worked the campground. Courtenay will do an overnight backpack in the Winds, he did one that time (Elk something trailhead maybe?). He keeps saying he wants to do a longer backpack, but not this time. August 16 Peak is one possible destination when he gets a longer trip.
Nice. Elkheart Park? Does he fish?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Yes, it is Elkheart Park TH. No, Courtenay doesn't fish, but if he can ever coordinate with his twin to do a trip, he does fish. They have been talking for years about doing various trips, but it's hard when we live in NM, twin in OH, and both have jobs.

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
The Arkansas Governor just opened CG's for in state residents and the units must be fully self contained. Starts May 1st.
So figure "fully self contained" means has it's own bathroom/toilet and perhaps shower. Meaning, the bathhouses will not be open.
Saw in another discussion group that some places that are saying "self contained" will not allow canvas/pop-ups.

bheff

Super Active Member
Feb 24, 2011
NW Arkansas
So figure "fully self contained" means has it's own bathroom/toilet and perhaps shower. Meaning, the bathhouses will not be open.
Saw in another discussion group that some places that are saying "self contained" will not allow canvas/pop-ups.
Yes the bathrooms will be closed. I happen to have a toilet and shower in my pup so it wont affect me. But it could up for debate what "self contained " means

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
A local to me KOA (I was checking for my brother) listed self contained only no popups. Even though I'm not interested I decided to e-mail and inform them that many PUPs are self contained. I got a reply that they did know that, but someone lied to get a site and employees had to clean up human waste. So no more PUPs during during bath house closures.

HappyTraveler

Apr 30, 2019
New York
A local to me KOA (I was checking for my brother) listed self contained only no popups. Even though I'm not interested I decided to e-mail and inform them that many PUPs are self contained. I got a reply that they did know that, but someone lied to get a site and employees had to clean up human waste. So no more PUPs during during bath house closures.
Drives me crazy when a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.
No one should have to deal with other peoples waste like that. I can totally understand why they would ban all pups.
Sad.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Yea not good. They opened the beaches in California i saw, now they will close them and all parks again. People couldn't distance themselves. So unless we can show a little restraint, this will be ongoing.

eoleson1

Super Active Member
Jul 5, 2011
Macomb County Michigan
I got an email from Michigan DNR yesterday stating that they expect to allow camping starting June 22. Of course with everything going on in Lansing it's all subject to change. I know I am going to reschedule my first trip which was scheduled for the week of June 15.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The state parks here in NM are going to open for day use only, provided they have staff, but no camping yet. I need to delve more deeply into the reports of the governor's news conference to see what all has been announced for current future openings.

BillyMc

Super Active Member
Mar 25, 2018
South Carolina
Well I wanted to camp in SC at my local favorite next weekend for my birthday, but even though SC state parks opened today (May 1) we aren't allowed to make new reservations until May 11th. The first though eleventh is existing reservations only. Fortunately it only a couple hours to Ga. for me. US 378 west, cross Thurmond Reservoir, and have right into Elijah state park. A fishing rod and some cold beer will be involved.

adkdave

Apr 26, 2020
Pittsford, New York
We reserved campsites at a DEC campground last November in the Adirondacks for mid-August. With New York City a 4-6 hour drive away to the Adirondacks and even less to the Catskills. I am not optimistic it will happen unless there is a dramatic drop in coronavirus cases in the next few months, which is not likely.

adkdave

Apr 26, 2020
Pittsford, New York
I am about 3.5/4 hours away from the Adirondacks here in western NY, but WV is sounding pretty good. I've been through your state and you have some nice country there. 6 hours will get me to about Morgantown.