Have you even seen one of these? Hi-Lo

Discussion in 'Vintage & Off The Wall Campers' started by 91Starcraft, Aug 22, 2016.

1. 91Starcraft

91Starcraft Member

I saw this camper on a road trip, I was wondering if any of you had seen one of these before?It says Hi-Lo on the side. It looks like the entire top comes down. An interesting looking "pop up" camper. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

It's another form of popup. IIRC. HiLo went out of business, but in the last year or so the brand has been purchased and some is/will be producing some.
    Trail Manor is another, similar, brand.

3. gruss

gruss Active Member

Sure have. They're actually pretty slick. We looked at a used one before buying ours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. DiscoB75

DiscoB75 Guest

I did the same as Gruss. All of the ones for sale were all too heavy for my TV to tow. I sure would have liked to have had one though.

5. gruss

gruss Active Member

The one we looked at had the "smell" I didn't want one bad enough to rebuild it. The layout was good though. Shame they tanked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Hi-Lo was built here in Ohio until five years or so ago when they closed. A friend of mine used to deliver trailers for them.

Bill Kerola in PA bought the rights to the name and the patents but I don't think he has built any yet. He operates Kerola Campers and also owns the rights to the Serro Scotty and has produced some of them.

7. 91Starcraft

91Starcraft Member

Wow! You guys know your stuff! I thought it was really cool looking! What a great idea! How cool would it be to have bunk ends too!! Imagine how much space you'd have!

You're right it probably is really heavy!

8. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We have a TrailManor (2720) and are often a curiosity at CGs, but the day I saw the HiLo at one, I had to stop by. The owner was kind enough to let me have a peek in. So often campers ask if our TM is a HiLo, so at least I know how to describe the differences.

9. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

The Hi-Lo and Trail Manor are both really neat and unique campers. Tows like a big popup, but quickly sets up into a hard wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I was at a campground in NC when I got to see inside a HiLo. I was out in the campground road talking to a couple other campers, talking about campers. When the owner of the HiLo asked if I wanted to see inside. It was really neat and cool looking. I started researching a bit and came accross the trail manor. Which is kind of similar. I wish I could have afforded it. Always love the popup for the ease of towing, but just wish it had hard sides.

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

We just saw one at a campground in Northern Colorado we stayed at this week. I'm kind of getting the itch to "move up" from our Pup, but don't want a land yacht so this caught my attention.

12. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Yes. And actually we have one. We bought it in July after looking for a very long time. They are hard to find in the PNW and they sell very fast. Ours is much smaller than the one you showed but there's only two of us and we wanted it to fit in our garage. We love it.