Heated Mattress + Foam Tiles

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by 123Ashley, Jan 13, 2021.

1. 123Ashley

123Ashley Member

Does anyone with heated mattresses also use the foam tiles underneath the mattress? I go back and forth about whether or not it is a good/safe idea.

2. CajunMan

CajunMan Active Member

I have this setup but haven't used it yet so I'm following! I wouldn't think there would be a problem though the wires are internal

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have foam tiles and a heated mattress pad. Works fine for me. I especially like being able to warm one side of the bunk so I can kick a leg out to the cooler side if I get too warm at night (solo camper).

MD Chef likes this.
  4. Tom Jordan

Tom Jordan Active Member

We have memory foam under our mattress. We have had no problems using the heated mattress on that. But heat it up then turn it off before bed.

5. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member Gold Supporting Member

I have foam tiles and a heated mattress. From my experience my mattress doesn't get hot enough to warm up my foam tile much, but that could mean that my heated mattress doesn't work fully. If you are worried about it, you could periodically check the temp under the mattress and if it feels hot, turn it off and don't sleep with it on.