Heated mattresses

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by IdahoPopUp, Sep 1, 2016.

1. IdahoPopUp

IdahoPopUp Member

Our NTU PUP has heated mattresses. When using the heating function, can they be covered with a waterproof covers like house beds? We have small kids and want to protect from them. Any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks..... IPU

2. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Sorry, I do not know. Perhaps the manufacturer website has some info.

3. flingwing1969

flingwing1969 New Member

Are they actually heated mattresses or heated mattress pads? I use heated mattress pads and have water resistant pads over the top of them with no issues. These pads use much less electricity than heated blankets do and so are much less of a fire threat. A water resistant/proof cover should not be an issue with a mattress pad that is heated.

I know nothing about electric mattresses.

BTW I would not try to use an electric pad on batt power with an inverter - most pads are 60 to 90 watts (AC) per side so you might get as little as 3 hours before your battery is completely discharged. Oh yeah, a marine type deep cycle battery should not be discharged more than 50% of its rated amp hours in order to get maximum battery life.