Heater not working... help!!! (Jayco Jay series 1206)

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Katybel123, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Katybel123

Katybel123 New Member

hey there!
    Trying to turn heater for the first time in 2010 Jayco Jay series 1206, have propane hooked up, thermostat is set to on, and temperature is high, and there is no sound have fan or any heat coming out.
    Do I have to do anything for propane other than turn top of propane tank on after connecting it to hose? In side panel it is set to Gas and High Cool....fridge also not working, but not sure how to turn that on either....no manual... please help!!

2. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

Battery is fully charged ? Fuses or Breakers all good ?

3. Katybel123

Katybel123 New Member

Don’t have a battery... just plugged in and have 2 propane tanks.... would fuses be lit up if not working? I took out fuse for furnace, then put back in... it lit up when I took it out, then light went off when put back. Here is quiet buzzing noise from fuse box area

4. rabird

rabird Howdy!

I'd take the grill(e) off the furnace and turn to switch to on or reset if it is off. Then I would find its make/model.

[​IMG]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. wmadoty

wmadoty Member

Make sure you have the furnace turned on. There should be a switch on top of the thermostat. It is small lever on most models. It can be very hard to move. I thought I was going to break mine the first time I turned it on. Move the lever to the on position (left on mine) and crank the thermostat up after you turn the gas on. The fan should blow and the heater should light.

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

This sounds like your refrigerator controls. You have your fridge set to gas. Try on 110. Do as @wmadoty states for the furnace.

7. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Active Member

If you hear the click of the thermostat when you turn it up, it should be sending the signal. Some furnaces have a reset button or switch that has to be pushed. I had to take the grate off to find it.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

You can also jumper the thermostat wires together to eliminate a possible bad thermostat.