Hello from Florida!

warchantjy

Oct 9, 2014
Hey everybody! New to the forum, just wanted to say hello. My wife and I recently purchased a 2005 Viking Saga, which we're pretty happy about. This will be our second popup (well, the first was technically my old man's but he never used it). This one is a nice upgrade from the previous one, so we're looking forward to many new adventures with it.

Oct 4, 2014
warchantjy said:
Hey everybody! New to the forum, just wanted to say hello. My wife and I recently purchased a 2005 Viking Saga, which we're pretty happy about. This will be our second popup (well, the first was technically my old man's but he never used it). This one is a nice upgrade from the previous one, so we're looking forward to many new adventures with it.

Another FL member!

Hello from the Treasure Coast and welcome!

SheriandVance

Aug 31, 2014
Hi from Orlando!
Love your screen name - you wouldn't by chance by a 'nole now would ya? [;)]

Sheri (Knight) & Vance ('Nole)

GMD

Mar 18, 2014
Hello and Welcome from Longwood, Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubacamper

Super Active Member
Mar 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome aboard from Jax area. What part of our state do you call home? There are so many of us here you'll find friends everywhere in the state and a wealth of info from us and the site.

warchantjy

Oct 9, 2014
scubacamper said:
Welcome aboard from Jax area. What part of our state do you call home? There are so many of us here you'll find friends everywhere in the state and a wealth of info from us and the site.
Tallahassee is home. We have camped in a few SP's so far - Anastasia, Suwanee, and Three Rivers. Have trips booked in the next few months to Ochlocknee River and Fort Desoto. We tend to stay in the Panhandle, but are really looking forward to branching out, especially some of the springs parks near Crystal River and such. And you're right, there does seem to be a lot of FL people here.

scubacamper

Super Active Member
Mar 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
My advice and this comes from a scuba diver as well as camper with DD's 4 & 6. Check out www.floridastateparks.org and you'll see ALL of the FL SP and whether they have camping and what type. Not far from you is O'Leno and the best part about it is that it's close to Itchetucknee (which doesn't have camping on site). Drive a little further south and you have Manatee & Fanning Springs which are GREAT year round. Florida Caverns is some place we keep trying to plan but it was flooded the last time we had reservations and it's about an hour or less from you. Best of luck

There's also a SP in AL above Marietta near the GA line that the name evades me but the have a Great Christmas display.

jjkach

Super Active Member
Sep 8, 2007
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your camper! Lots of great places to camp in our state. We enjoy state parks. Enjoy and we like to see pics! Happy camping! :)

Latest posts