Hello from Kentucky

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Billy67, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Billy67

Billy67 New Member

Looking to buy a Popup and actually looking at a 1999 Flagstaff this weekend. I know the owner and the previous owner. I've drove by and just looked at it and from the outside it looks like it needs some TLC. Asking price is below NADA ( Yes I've been doing my home work), but still unsure if this is the right buy. I decided to look for some forums and this was the first one I came across. Any suggestions before I buy?

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. You've got to get inside and look for water damage and soft floors. Check all systems for functionality. Check for working tail and running lights. Check tire date codes. When were the wheel bearings last greased?

Billy67 likes this.
  3. Billy67

Billy67 New Member

One good thing about all this. The camper I'm looking at this weekend is a friend and also owned a garage and worked on many a vehicle I owned. So I'll make him do the work! He was pretty up front about some of the issues. My concern is its been setting and I'm not sure how long. I plan on checking it over pretty good as much as I can. It isn't in a place to check electrical or anything has me a bit worried. He may let me take it and plug it in and check everything if the Tags are good.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Welcome to PopUpPortal

5. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Hampshire UK[GBR]

Billy67 likes this.
  6. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Michigan!

Billy67 likes this.
  7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome from Dukes Fl. Good Luck in the search for the right PUP for your use.

Billy67 likes this.
  8. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the portal! All the best with the possible purchase.

Billy67 likes this.
  9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Greetings! Welcome to the forum from Midway USA.

Good luck this weekend. Hope it all works out for you.

Billy67 likes this.
  10. CampingFamily1

CampingFamily1 Active Member

Here's my webpage on buying a camper

11. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Welcome from Chicago. Take your time and really check it out. Biggest thing with looking at something a friend is selling is you cant be be afraid to walk away. Put the Friendship and feelings aside its your hard earned money and If you are uncomfortable with the purchase tell him you have to pass.

12. Billy67

Billy67 New Member

Well, I ended up buying the Popup. It does have one major issue on one side but canvas is in good shape and while I couldn't test the AC all the lights worked and those kind of things. I did get the price dropped. The corner caps were cracked which I've read is pretty common if just left out side and on one corner some water did get in. Once we get the title transferred next week and I get the tags for it have to start my repair work. I got a real good price and over all everything looked in great other than some cleaning. I contacted the previous owner before this one and he replaced all canvas and the top so its less than 6 years old. So all in all I was happy with the price and everything so I was satisfied. I hope that is the only issue but it went up and down and the slide outs worked great no issues. Just general maintenance hopefully. Little nervous about that water damage to the top but canvas looked good under that section.

kcsa75 likes this.