Hello from Massachusetts!

02ColemanMom

Jul 16, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi! My 2 sons and I just purchased our "new" 2002 Coleman Niagara Elite camper. What a step up to the old 1990 Viking we had! We are heading up to New Hampshire in the next couple of weeks and can't wait to try out our new luxury pup. [PU]

jerry_ma

Oct 25, 2012
Welcome and have fun camping.

Where in Nh are ya going?

There seems to be a lot Bay Staters here :)

Jerry in MA

02ColemanMom

Jul 16, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Well, we survived the horrible, rain soaked drive up to Compton, NH on Friday. It was our first trip to Branch Brook Campground with our new camper. I love the new camper but there are definitely a few things we need that the previous owner says he never used, like the camper brakes! That camper felt like a bad boy coming down the hills. My husband used to drive the truck when we were pulling our Viking, which was quite a bit lighter than this one. Now I'm in the drivers seat and I was a bit nervous, to say the least. So I have a couple of questions, maybe you can help me. My TV is a 2003 Toyota Tundra 4x4 AccessCab with a V8. I am looking for help with the following:

1) Is there a reputable camper/trailer company in northern MA/Southern NH that can inspect and repair my camper breaks, set me up with a brake controller and a WD hitch (without trying to take me to the cleaners in the process)?
2) What's the best brand weight distribution hitch?
3) Is there a dual hitch that I can use a Thule goal type canoe carrier on my truck, and hitch up my camper with all the added safety equip? Sway bar, WD, etc.

I'm sorry about all the questions but the more I am learning, the more confused I am about what to get. Thanks in advance!

Can't wait to go out again next month!

IVBENS

Super Active Member
Aug 15, 2011
I haven't had to get any service done (fortunately) but there are several places in the northern MA/Southern NH area. Look around outside of camper places too. maybe a boat place or truck accessory place can do the job for you.

As for the hitch and controller, I have CURT brand. I had an issue with my controller, made 1 call and the customer service group sent me a brand new wire harness no questions asked.

Latest posts