Hello from North Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dollarbeernight, May 19, 2016.

1. dollarbeernight

dollarbeernight New Member

Hey guys! I've lurked on this site for a few weeks now and thought perhaps I should start an account before tearing into our new (to us) pop up. I'm your typical early 30-ish outdoorsman and my late-20s wife loves to tag along. I love to tinker; I've got two restored Chevy pickups, my Nissan pickup from high-school that my dad bought new and passed down, I've restored several motorcycles (mostly Harleys), and my daily driver is a 2015 Silverado. I've been an avid backpacker since high school and have packed across the country as well as some really neat trips in Europe - including every mile of the Cohutta wilderness, about a third of the Appalachian Trail, several 14-ers in Colorado, Mt Whitney, and numerous National Parks out west. I grew up near a large lake in Northwest Georgia and can usually be found there on the weekends boating, wakeboarding, and wake surfing. My wife LOVES the lake but has never had the camping experience. Due to a significant back surgery she can't backpack and she's uncertain about sleeping in a sleeping bag. Enter our first camper! I just bought a 1996 Coleman Royale by Fleetwood. It's pretty bare bones, but it fabulous condition. Plans are a full cosmetic remodel and solar panels to battery power. Pictures below show it partially opened in the driveway when I bought it two days ago (didn't completely open because it was about to rain). I'm certain to learn a lot from you all and I look forward to documenting our adventures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

Nice looking camper, welcome!

3. BIGTOM

BIGTOM Member

Looks good, but I think the bunk braces should go dack to bumper on traiiler and not to ground. If ground eas not level it would be hard to level bunks.

4. dollarbeernight

dollarbeernight New Member

You are absolutely correct! I knew something didn't look right when I looked back at this picture. Like I said - we're learning :) Thanks!

5. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

Welcome from Cobb County!

6. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Welcome from WNC

7. tantenton

tantenton New Member

Welcome from Augusta! I'm new to the area, so you'll have to let me know some of the better places you go around here!

8. Ny_Paul

Ny_Paul New Member

welcome