Hello from StarCraft88

StarCraft88

May 3, 2014
South Central PA
Hello. I purchased a used Starcraft Meteor 1988 a few years ago. I was so happy to find this site. You all post great ideas for repairs, upgrades, camping tips, etc. I am enjoying the "remodeling process."

As a kid, many, many years ago, my father converted a bread delivery truck into a camper for three kids and two adults. Looking back, I am not sure how my parents survived that. We called it cubby hole camping because he made little sliding doors wherever there was a space that we could store clothing and such.

Happy Camping,
StarCarft88

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location.

ckreidler

Jan 20, 2014
Welcome from San Jose, California. When I was a kid the next door neighbor back in Utah would buy these big vans from the movie production companies in Hollywood when they were done with them. They were about the size and appearance of a UPS delivery truck. Each year he would spend nine months building it and then during the summer the family would use it for camping. At the end of the summer he would sell it and start another one with improvements, each one got better and nicer looking.

StarCraft88

May 3, 2014
South Central PA
To WishnIwasCampN, vagov, and Rynderz: Thank you for welcoming me to this site. WishnIwasCampN - I really enjoyed reading about your neighbor's large van conversions. It must have been fun to see what he would come up with next.

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
Welcome from Ontario!!

So cool to hear about the bread truck conversion! Do you have any pictures of it from when you were younger?
Would be neat to see!

Happy Camping!