Hello from VA.

Puffpatrick

May 12, 2017
Smithfield, VA.
Hey there! Convinced my wife to let me buy a pop up. Picked up a 1997 Coleman Cheyenne for 800 bucks and am working on rebuilding parts of it. I have 3 youngens,10 and 8 year old boys and a 4 year old girl. I'm hoping to have lots of camping memories to come. Oh and p.s, I'm probably gonna need someone on here to tell how the make to make everything work on it![A]

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Welcome to the forum, I am sure any questions you have will be answered. Congrats on the N2U PUP and happy camping

Big_kid

Virginia Beach, VA
Jan 13, 2008
We usually end up on the Outer Banks. Locally, we've only gone to Northwest in Chesapeake, and Newport News Park once- both for Scout trips. Both were nice from what I remember.

Zannatista

May 14, 2017
Hey there! Convinced my wife to let me buy a pop up. Picked up a 1997 Coleman Cheyenne for 800 bucks and am working on rebuilding parts of it. I have 3 youngens,10 and 8 year old boys and a 4 year old girl. I'm hoping to have lots of camping memories to come. Oh and p.s, I'm probably gonna need someone on here to tell how the make to make everything work on it![A]
Welcome! I'm new too!

roybraddy

Super Active Member
Mar 23, 2016
King George, Virginia
Welcome from King George, Virginia...

My home camping spot is Westmoreland State park which is only some 25 miles away from here... this is where I field test my mods as the come up... Westmoreland has both Electric and Non-Electric sites...

Have been to several very nice camping spots in the South west part of the state but my real love is up behind Harrisonburg in The George Washington Natl Park areas on a far out Forest Service road camping OFF-GRID...

One spot that I really like is near a place called FLAGPOLE KNOB which is place a lot of 4WD vehicles and ATV Local clubs come too... Many places to back into and be all to your self there...

I also love the Blue Ridge Parkway camping spots between VA and TN...

Not too much into the RV TRAVELING Style of camping... Like to stay within a couple hundreds of miles from home base here in King George VA...

I like to mix in Tent camping when I can...

Roy Ken
a3T3WxN.jpg

Puffpatrick

May 12, 2017
Smithfield, VA.
Thanks for the tips... I wanted more of a rugged type approach to camping for the kids... the wife wasn't super excited about a tent... the pup is the perfect mix. All the sites you mentioned sound great. I'll do the math on distances, I'm with you on not straying but so far. Thanks again..

bob barnes

Super Active Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thanks for the tips... I wanted more of a rugged type approach to camping for the kids... the wife wasn't super excited about a tent... the pup is the perfect mix. All the sites you mentioned sound great. I'll do the math on distances, I'm with you on not straying but so far. Thanks again..
we have tented all 50 states and 4x to Europe with a Cabellas Alasken Guide tent. We just go our A-Liner due to having a hard time getting up off the ground at our age. Not one regret in 41 years of tenting!!

Puffpatrick

May 12, 2017
Smithfield, VA.
I'm with you Bob, I enjoy tent camping and leaving a small foorprint.. just couldn't get the wife onboard. We've done it a few times... and even though she didn't complain, I knew she wasn't having fun.
I'd love to be able to cover the areas you be covered. I know the kids would love it.