Hello Spring!! Finally Getting Out

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Nani2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Today I was able to get a great spot we had last year. The campground has had flooding problems and many sites showing not reserved but unavailable. I checked several times today and after six about 30 spots were released.
    We will be heading out Friday.
    Tonight nature is too close; a bird got in the house while I was taking out the trash. We have 2 story great room and foyer and it is hovering up there the last few hours. Husband is traveling this week of course so I get to deal with it. Front and back doors open and all lights off. I've closed all the bedroom doors. Any advice or prayers appreciated.
    Good times!!

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Congrats on finding a site in a favorite CG, things are not easy here in N/W Fl. due to mostly wind damage from hurricane Michael. Maybe a long handled net to capture the birds, we had to use one at the Lodge one night, it still took awhile for us to tire it out so it would lite on a curtain. Good Luck and I hope ya'll have a great adventure and make many happy memories

3. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

I don't think we're meant to camp this spring. Last week we hoped to go to Stone Mountain and daughter had to work. This week after much stalking the website I got a site at our fave close by campground that had been flooded.
    My daughter's father in law was coming from Nashville to keep the kids that I usually keep.
    Yesterday at 3:33 she texted me he wasn't coming. At 3:38 I got a call from the campground that water was still on the roads and the electricity was on and should be fine???? and did I want to cancel.
    I did but am very disappointed. Next weekend shows rain then Disney next two weekends. That brings us to Easter.

4. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Well we're back on but just for Saturday night .I chose a spot in a high area that should be fine. Will take boys for the day and meet son in law halfway to give back that night. Will pack up by 3 pm checkout Sunday and have beautiful day outdoors.
    What do I do with a 2, 3, and 6 year old while we set up?????