Help finding a canopy bag for my awning

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by coskier, Jul 25, 2020.

1. coskier

coskier New Member

Hey gang,
    Due to age/weather, the canopy/awning bag tore right off the track. I'm scouring the interwebs trying to find a replacement bag, or if worse comes to worse, replace the entire canopy. Colemanpopupparts.com is completely sold out of all sizes of awnings. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Fishpit

Fishpit New Member

If you can't find one the retail route, take a look to see if you have any tent and awning companies in your area as they may be able to make one for you.

myride and coskier like this.
  3. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

Almost any upholstery shop should be able to sew you a new one. If you have any of the old one left take it with you for a pattern.

coskier likes this.
  4. Gary&Robin

Gary&Robin New Member

I just had one made this week here in the Kansas City Metro area. The local shop has done a fantastic job on a couple of things and made a new awning bag. I dropped it off on Monday and picked it up on Friday. $275.
    Elk Horn Tent and Canvas.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    coskier likes this.
  5. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

myride and coskier like this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

How did it tear? Did the stitching fail, but the keder strip that goes into the track is still OK? If the strip and the bag material are still good you can resew it. On mine the stitching failed due to age and UV damage. I bought a speedy stitcher sewing awl and some thread, and was able to resew the entire bag. Stilll holding up 2 or 3 years later.

Some manufacturers used crappy material for their bags though. Mine was pretty stout stuff.