Help finding bedding for my mattresses

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Aaron Vice, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Aaron Vice

Aaron Vice New Member

Good Afternoon. I recently acquired a 1998 Coleman Fleetwood Mesa Pop Up and am working to restore it to a workable condition.

The camper has 2 "king size" mattresses in an odd size. 70" x 77" x 4". A quick google search has left me with no options. Anyone know where I can find sheets to fit?

TIA

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Camper mattresses exist in their own world, and aren't even consistent between types and brands of campers, especially (so it seems) popups. Standard bedding has the added issue that home mattresses tend to be very thick these days.
    Many use the size of bedding that most closely approximates the size of mattress they have, which may or may not be labeled as the same size. Some have found that jersey (t-shirt knit) sheet sets work pretty well, often by buying a size down, i.e. queen for a "king" size.
    Our solution has been to use flat sheets, it's been easier to deal with tucking in the excess; LL Bean and Vermont Country store are among those who sell separates. For mattress pads, we use the closes we can find. In our popup, that was a double. [We now have a small TT with a 'short queen", so found a mattress pad that is that size.We have had the complication of cut off corners, our new mattress doesn't have those, though we may end up cutting them off at some point.]
    Check this section for other ideas: https://www.popupportal.com/forums/cushion-curtains-carpets-bedding-clothing-stor.79/

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. An cheap option is to use queen size jersey sheets. It's made out of a t-shirt like material so it is able to stretch to the size of your bed. Problem is these sheets are quite warm in the summer. Others have bought a king size top sheet and use it for the bottom sheet and just tuck the excess underneath the mattress. RV specific sheets really are not cost effective that's assuming you can find them.

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Afraid your options are slim to none if you want it to fit nice. There are a few places that make RV specific bedding in different sizes, but when I found them they were super expensive for what you go, and I don't think they had my particular size anyway. I have twin kings in mine as well - I bought some clearance king sets at Target. The fitted sheet does OK, you just have a lot of excess to tuck under, but with the mattress topper it is doable. Still get some wrinkles but I can live with it. The flat sheet is way too wide, so I tuck the excess under during the day, and don't worry about it at night. If I had to do it again I would get a fitted king sheet by itself, and a queen flat. At the time though this was a good deal, I got matching sheets of a better quality than I expected, and they are nice to sleep in. I use queen size comforters on top as well.

As others have stated the jersey style sheets have enough stretch to work, but I don't like the feel of them against me while I sleep, and they are too hot as I prefer colder beds.

5. Tracey Keller

Tracey Keller New Member

I saw a lady who keeps a blog say that she bought her replacement mattresses from amazon. They are for sleeper sofa's so they are the right depth to be able to still push in the sides of a pop up.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SF6QS2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 these use regular size sheets. I am so sorry - I realized you said you were looking for sheets!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020