Help. First Time Buyer. Why is this so cheap?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Ryanincc, Dec 29, 2013.

1. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Wow sounds very generous of them. Between what you were will to spend and that you should be able to get a really nice pop up or even a new pop up. Start with nada guides to get an idea for the 5 th wheel and also a good place to look is rvtrader.com to see what comparable used units are gong for. Good luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

2. dmaxphil

dmaxphil New Member

Not seeing a 34' 2001 Everest in my dealer NADA. However, 2002 has some 34' 3-slide models listed .. Listed Trade value - M-293 $10,000, M-323 $10,800 This is from the national dealer NADA book.

Actual cash value on these units would be in the $6-8k range depending on condition. FYI, these numbers are very close to low retail numbers listed online.

3. 96Rockwood

96Rockwood Member

Slides can be brought in manually. If all 3 are not working. I suspect 12 volt issues impacting all.

4. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

I agree 100% Easiest scenario, look at the fuse or switch, worst case scenario, manually crank them.

5. shfd739

shfd739 Member

We set up our Niagara this morning for Ryan to look over and point out what to look for trouble wise.

Ryan told me the slides won't go in manually either. Fwiw the slides have been out for multiple years. I'm guessing the mechanism may be dry and seized. Lots of penetrating oil and grease may be in order.

6. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Thanks again for the full walk around set up tutorial gizmo knowledge and more Barton! I just found out the they haven't tried to manually crank them in. My FIL doesn't get around so well, hence the lack of need/want the 5th wheel. We are going to try in the morning to get Em all in. I'll keep you all posted.

For all you newbs like me, you're in the right place!!

7. Ryanincc

Thanks a lot for the numbers!!! It's a start! A great one.

Another update. FIL doesn't want to mess with the slides at all. Afraid that we will just make them worse. Said probably just needs a jumper cable to get them in. He wants to go dealer shopping, find something we like, offer the 5th wheel as is and if they don't want to look at it, fine... "We'll find someone that will" lol. He owned a car dealership for many years and RV'd dark side for 40+ years so I really trust his judgement on this. Plus, it's HIS trailer lol

8. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Very cool! Get a used non-ABS roof Coleman or Fleetwood trailer. They are the best made trailers and you can probably get a high-wall Niagara. That's luxury! If you don't want to go that big, you can get a Utah with a slide.
    This will be fun to watch!

P.s. The slides on the fiver probably can be cranked in easily if they won't go in after being hooked up to shore power.
    Having them in will increase the value significantly, especially because you will be able to take it to the dealer or the buyer will be able to tow it away. (Make sure the tires are full)

9. Ryanincc

10. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

The Jayco 1006 is a nice trailer.