HELP! Foam cushions won't dry!

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Orchid, Oct 22, 2016.

1. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

w00t! [PU]

2. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Yeah!

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I got all the cushions covers finished as well. Here are the nice, dry, good smelling cushions flanking the peel 'n' stick granite table. [:D]

Every piece of fabric, in the PUP, has been replaced. It's nice and fresh now. No more musty, old yukkiness.

Thank you all for your advice and support! [RTM] [:D]

[​IMG]

4. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Your Coleman looks so "designer" nice.....mine looks like hillbilly deluxe... [:(] I think I'm gonna name it that.

5. tfischer

That looks great.

What type of refinish did you do to the table?

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

another idea... get 8 inch pipe long enough (little wider than the width of your foam) and put towel on the floor, then foam over it... and put the pipe on one end and have a friend hold you while you stand on the pipe, rolling it to another end. That should get MOST of the water out then take it outside in sun with BIG fan blowing high against the foam.

7. Orchid

I saw someone on here that had their's named Hillbilly Hilton. I love that!

Thanks for the compliment, but all my fabric was $3.97 upholstery fabric from Walmart, except some that I got free from one of my daughters. The only exception is the window curtains, but they are not in the photo. Even those are made with inexpensive fabric and Walmart backing. [:D]

Thanks! The table is contact paper. It's quite a mess actually, patched all over the place, but because of the pattern, you can't tell unless you look close. It's this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00755DY0Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, we got it all dry now. :) Anything that looks like wet spots on the cushions are just shadows. It took four or five days, but they were completely dry prior to me putting them in the new covers.

8. tfischer

Cool. I thought maybe it was one of those epoxy-based countertop resurfacers. Our counters and table are in good condition... they're just really "blah". So not something I'm probably going to tackle anytime soon, but a "nice to have" for someday.

9. Orchid

Our "before" table was hideous. If it had been in nice condition, I would have left it alone.

I've seen those counter top resurface kits and they are really cool! Just more work than I wanted to put into it right now. I think eventually, DH is going to make us a new, solid wood table so just needed something temporary. It came out good though. :)

[​IMG]

10. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Orchid,
    I had not seen your cushions until now! What a great job. Love the colors and pattern! Are you going to post more pics of the whole camper? I'd love to see her all done!

11. Orchid

Sure thing! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We have been out of town for a week.

When I get a chance, I want to make up the beds and take some "glamour shots." [LOL] Like the ones people show off on Pop Up Princess. In these, there were no sheets on the beds, so I had the curtains closed, but best ones I have right now.

The whole camper turned out okay (what is done of it, I have lots more on my wish list) although the reality is that it was one big accident after another. The bunk end curtains have borders on the ends because I messed up and made them too short. The seat backs and cushions are different because I messed up on them so many times that I ran out of fabric, and so did Walmart. [LOL]

There are valances (the valances were not all up yet in these photos) because I messed up on ordering on the only fabric that I paid any amount of money for .... it was $7.97 yard and the pattern was in the "wrong" direction. They are still too short, but definitely couldn't leave any room above the track. They are not wide enough either, and I messed up the black out backing. One of the curtains has a black-out liner that consists of left over pieces sewn together. Thankfully, you can only tell from the outside and close up. There is an exterior facing curtain edge that I intend to fix one of these days.

The table is one major screw up after another. [;)] I tried 3 different finishes on it, and all were a disaster. I ended up covering it contact paper, which DH promptly laid something heavy and sharp on, and ripped. So I patched that with an extra piece. We have had four or five more "events" with the contact paper on the table so it's a mish-mash of patches.

But, it's all good in the end because we get to CAMP! [CP]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

It still looks great, even though you had all of those problems! I love the redo's on the Pop up Princess. People (you included) are so talented! Did you lay new flooring or is that the original?

13. Orchid

This is peel and stick flooring that we got at Lowe's for .38 cents per sq. ft. Super cheap and easy. My DH did it, and he is not the perfectionist that I am, so it really needs redone. There are uneven tiles and gaps in places. I hate that I can't get on the floor, due to my knees. Once the knees get replaced, the floor tiles will be as well. [;)] I do like the ones we used and will use the same ones again.

14. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

You did a fantastic job on your camper!

15. Orchid

Thank you both!

Tomorrow have to work on getting the running lights back up and running. January is the month of boring maintenance. I did the pretties first. [LOL]