Help on Advice fixing Jayco Sport roof

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by enrico coron, Oct 21, 2021.

1. enrico coron

enrico coron New Member

I accidentally put a little slit in the roof of my new used never used Jayco sport stacking something on top of it (DOH!). At the RV repair place that is doing a bearing repack and brake inspection they recommended a self levelling filler and a type of tape called and I could be wrong here 'eternabond'. Is this a good solution? I was looking at and looking like fiberglass I thought a liquid resin and fiberglass cloth mixture of some type would be more permanent and less unsightly. Is this not like surfboard or boat fiberglass? It's a 2017 Jayco sport and they seem to have been bought out and the tent trailer line discontinued so I'm not sure if OEM roof materials are an option. Any help or advice is much appreciated. Hoping for our first run this weekend.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.. Dicor self leveling sealant and a day or two later a piece of eternabond tape (big enough for a 1 inch overlap around the damage) ..

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

That is the common RV roof repair. Perfectly fine to use. Not sure what your roof is made of - lots use aluminum skin as well. IF it were me I would just got the Dicor/Eternabond route.

4. enrico coron

enrico coron New Member

Okay I will do. This is likely to be repaired on our first ever expedition in the unit this weekend. Good thing there is zero rain in the forecast! Should I cut away the edges of the slit or just push the Dicor in as it is now?

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just let the self leveling dicor do its thing.. then cover with eternabond tape .