Help! Shower fixture leaking from behind...

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Tait, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tait

Tait Member Gold Supporting Member

I have a 2014 Aliner Expedition with bathroom and integrated (inside) shower.

The shower fixture leaks!

If the water for the shower is off, there is no leak even with the water pump on.

If the water for the shower is on, it leaks a little bit from behind the fixture.

If the water for the shower is on, but turned off at the head (the sprayer at the end of the hose), it sprays water.

So, I think the leak is between the knobs and the shower head, but from behind somewhere.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get to the fixture - I can't reach it from underneath where the hoses go in, and I don't know / can't figure out how to remove it.

Does anyone know if you can remove the shower fixture without having to tear apart the whole thing?

Thanks!

2. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

The faucet has probably cracked between the valves an the wand connection. It is removed from behind, usually requiring you to remove something.

3. Tait

I thought that might be the case.

Sounds like a job for the dealer repair guys.

Thanks for the quick response!

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Had to replace the one in our PUP this spring. Fortunately StarCraft has an access panel with four screws that comes off, but it had those square head screws.

5. BostonDad

BostonDad Member

User Thorofin was recently assembling the shower unit. If you are at all technical, he may be able to give you some pointers on how to tackle the job.

6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

We replaced our outdoor shower faucet a few years ago. It was leaking at the knobs and hose on the outside. It was a simple replacement. And we were able to upgrade the shower faucet with a better replacement.

Rick at “Going NoWhere Fast” has a video on YouTube. He replaced his too.

Not sure it this helps because yours is leaking from the inside. Nevertheless it’s shows some information on replacing the entire shower faucet.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

7. Tait

thanks,

it is actually the inside shower (in the shoilet) head that is leaking, not the outside.

we have decided to leave it alone for now...

DiamondGirl likes this.
  8. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

Wish I could help but we only have an outdoor shower. Hopefully someone will chime in with some advice.

Have you called the manufacturer CNW for advice or replacement parts? They provide good customer services.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]