HELP - water problem

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Unity1822, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Unity1822

Unity1822 New Member

Just got to the campground last night after driving 10 hours. Got here late at night, set up the camper but just barely. Too exhausted to do anything more than plug in electricity and hook up the hose for water (full service here) and go to bed. Made sure water came out of the faucet first. Got up a few hours later and bathroom floor had more than an inch of water. Cleaned up the water, went outside and turned off the water. Didn’t drain water out of faucet. Couple hours later, more water on bathroom floor. Drained the faucet, opened up the floor plug in bathroom and now (few hours later, the bathroom floor is dry. 2006 Fleeteood Niagara bought used last year. Newbie. No idea what’s wrong. Can someone suggest what my problem is? Oh, and gray water seems to be draining ok. Thanks.

2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Did you use a pressure regulator on the hose?
    You have a leak somewhere. I would personally open the cabinet and have the water turned back on while I watch for leaks.

friartuck likes this.
  3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Agree, it's a leak somewhere. You may have popped a line off a fitting. You may be lucky and have a valve in the line and you can shut that leg off and still use the sink, or you may be able to get the line on and tighten the clamp (if it's not a crimp on clamp - which it likely is).

If this is the first outing after winter, and there was water in the line, it could have frozen and cracked something somewhere too. I couldn't see where you are in your profile. If Florida, I doubt that... if Michigan, possibly.

Sorry you had a wet floor and a leak, but it's not likely to be a hard fix if you can get to it easily.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Had a very similar situation. 12;00 midnight I realize I had a flood on my floor. A leak was somewhere. Turned off the outside water and grabbed blankets and gosh knows everything I can find to soak up water. Turned fans on to air the cabinet out. Made for an insanely long night. My leak was so stupid I kick myself. I didn't tighten the water line after I dewinterized tight enough.
    I would first start by having someone get down on their hands while someone else controls the water to see exactly where the water is coming from. Could be something ridiculously simple like mine, or a frozen pipe or pump broke in the winter. Plastic fittings can also break or become loose over time too. Good luck on the hunt.

5. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Does the Niagara have a flush toilet?
    Just looked and apparently it does. I had a water inlet valve freeze and barely separated the 2 halves of the valve on the lower back of the toilet. Check there as well.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

X2....Flush valves are often overlooked when winterizing

7. Spridle

Spridle Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused. If it was on the bathroom floor, that's the shower. Just open the drain?

Also just to reiterate the above, pressure reducer on the inlet if you didn't.

Lastly, I just got a Niagara a month or so ago. Hooked up water and it was pouring everywhere. the slide out dinette has the outdoor shower in it and the lines apparently crack and break under the dinette. LOTS of plumbing under that dinette. Easy to access. 4 screws with the screwgun to pull that kick panel off.

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Here is a map of your water system ............ You have to check every connection to be worry free.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 8.27.28 PM.png

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

With a helper controlling the city water fill hose to the house, I would have a shut off at the end of the hose where it attaches to the camper, Have the hose turned on and look and listen. As a rule pex hose is trouble free, but the connections can be a problem. The last camper I worked on the pipe adapter on the shower faucet just came apart. I could "hear" the water leaking.
    You can not just use hose clamps on the pex tubing, you have to use the special rings and crimping tool.