Help...which shower tent do you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by gardenbliss, Jul 1, 2014.

1. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

There are so many pro and con reviews for shower tents on Amazon. I'd like one that's easy for one person to set up, is sturdy and lasts for several seasons. Which brand can any of you recommend?

2. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

3. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

4. Tex_E1

Tex_E1 New Member

We also use the Outback. Like Swordfish said, folding it can be frustrating until you get the technique down. The instructions that come with it are not very good. The frame is rather flexible, so if it going to be windy you will want to use all of the lines to stake it down. We've used it at the beach in very windy conditions plenty of times, and it handles it well once it is staked down properly.

5. FiveInAFlagstaff

FiveInAFlagstaff Member

6. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

or you could make your own out of PVC or electrical conduit and tarp(s)

7. EK41

EK41 Member

If you want one for cheap I can help you out. I have an Alpine Design Mesa Utility room you can have. It is 3.5 x 3.5 ft and is 7.1 ft tall. I bought two of them two years ago, the Spokane Valley Sports Authority had them on clearance. I lived in Spokane from July 2011 to July 2013. This one has never been opened it still has the plastic seal on the zipper from the store. If you want it PM me your address and once you receive it just send me the cost of the postage. Now that I live in Iowa I won't be boondocking and have no reason to hang on to it as a spare.

8. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

I like ours and they are not that exspencive at K-Mart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Thanks EK41 for the offer, wish I had seen it earlier. I ended ordering the cleanwaste GO anywhere portable shelter from Amazon after looking at the super easy set up on YouTube and reading the reviews. It was a bit pricier than I wanted but I hope it stands up over the years. I'm sure someone else on the site will jump on the offer. Out of curiosity, how easy is it to set up?

10. dickparkans

dickparkans New Member

I bought one from Cabelas and I am happy with it

11. elkmontb10

elkmontb10 Member

I also have one like Heartman. With the two rooms it gives you an area to keep your dry items while taking your shower. It has a built in shower curtain to separate the rooms. I use a bulge pump for boats to pump the water to a self held shower head. I use a cable to run from bulge pump to battery. You will need a medium pump to pump the water up. The small ones are not designed to pump 6 feet up.