HELP with Coleman Evolution E-1 basic setup!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by beatle-bug, Jun 21, 2011.

1. beatle-bug

beatle-bug New Member

I just finalized the purchase of a Coleman Evolution E-1 PUP----I purchased it in the East Coast about 1800 miles away from my home in Durango, Colorado, and since it is being shipped, I will not get the basic setup demo at the dealers.----Does anyone in Colorado have an E-1 that they would be willing to let me see, and possibly get a quick run-down of the basic setup before I take delivery in a couple of weeks?---I live on the Western slope, but I am around The Denver to Fort Collins area often!--- -I am not new to camping, or rig setup, but a little "first-hand knowledge" goes a long way!----

Thanks,

Bill Abshagen

2. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Can't speak to your model specifically, but you shouldn't have any issues. The owners manual (at least for my p'up) is pretty comprehensive on set up and take down. I would say that it takes up a good 80% of the manual. The guy that we bought from gave us a demo....but really it came down to me reading the manual and working it myself.

Easy Peasy!

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

4. beatle-bug

beatle-bug New Member

WOW!-----Great feedback to my question!----Very fun video th watch!

Thanks,

Bill

5. amcdeac

amcdeac Member

This is a work in progress, based on an E3 - please let me know if you have any correction, additions or other suggestions:

1. Level camper side-to-side with blocks
    2. Un-hitch camper
    3. Chock wheels (very important, pulling out the bunks can move the trailer and possibly drag the jack post)
    4. Adjust the level front-to-back
    5. Remove anything wanted from the roof-top carrier
    6. Set up grass carpet
    7. Set up front bunk
    8. Set up rear bunk
    9. Set up side bunk (important, when taking down, the side bunk must go in first. Make sure tent is not in the way of rails)
    10. Un-zip the canopy
    11. Raise tent
    12. Set stabilizers (important – do not set stabilizers before raising tent, make sure they are raised before lowering tent)
    13. Raise sink unit, being sure to engage the master electric switch
    14. Extend arms over bunks and push back the tent supports (make sure arms are properly attached to the bars)
    15. Set cushions
    16. Connect battery wires
    17. Connect water source (if available)
    18. Connect grey water tank
    19. Open gas tanks
    20. Insert batteries to thermostat or turn thermostat on
    21. Fill hot water tank (run the hot water faucet)
    22. Light the hot water system (make sure the inside is not in flush winterization mode)

6. Trackside

Trackside New Member

Congrats on your purchase! I recently picked up an '08 E1 this month and it is pretty easy to setup. Other things like turning the fridge on (AC/12V/Propane), water heater and furnace can also be found in the manual and I'm guessing on PopUp Portal TV too.

You can get a copy of the E1 manual right on this forum so you can start getting familiar with it now.

7. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

8. beatle-bug

beatle-bug New Member

Thanks everyone for the help!-----There was mention of a manual available for the E-1 somewhere on this forum!---Where can I find it???

Thanks,

Bill
    Durango, Colorado

9. Trackside

Trackside New Member

10. tsc

tsc Member

Here is a pictorial tutorial, sort of, kind of. But in reverse.

At the top left corner under SMUGMUG. Click "He Ruide". It will bring it back to his main photo page. Scroll down and there is a wealth of information. I've learned lots from this guy.