Help with Kansas State park

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by kreich, Mar 25, 2012.

1. kreich

kreich Member

Looking for a nice placce to camp with great shower facilities in Kansas. Anyone have ideas.

2. sevensanders

sevensanders New Member

We've been told that Marion County Park and Lake has nice facilities... haven't been there yet. Planning a trip this summer.

http://marioncountyparkandlake.com/landrec.html

So far we've only camped at ElDorado Lake, which is why we just bought a PUP with an indoor shower :)

3. danpayne

danpayne Member

I'm not sure what constitutes a "great" shower facility, but a lot of the state parks have showers, and some of the Corps of Engineers areas also have showers. Probably one of the nicer facilities that we have camped at is the Bloomington area at Clinton Lake. This is a Corps of Engineers area, and it has nice shady camping sites, nice restroom facilities (some with showers), and a nice beach in the area. The nice thing about camping in the Corps of Engineers areas, is that you don't have to have separate vehicle permits. The camping fee covers your vehicle too, and if you have visitors coming out, they are not required to have a vehicle permit either.

Last weekend we did camp at the State Park area at Clinton. It was a nice area with a lot of trails, a small fishing lake, and restrooms with showers, but you do have to have the State Park vehicle permit for each vehicle entering the park.

We have also camped at the State Park areas at Cheney Lake and El Dorado Lake and we like them both. They also have shower facilities.