Help with my Viking Camper

lukenick

Sep 16, 2013
I bought a 2008 Viking Epic 2107ST. It did not come with an owners manual. I have no idea how to open the awning. Is anyone familiar with that model's awning? Any tips to make it easy for me? I am only 5'4". Not sure how to go about it.

Also, I have a u-shape dinette. The table that comes with it has 2 legs that fold in. Problem is that when they are open they do not lock and a simple kick of the leg trying to get up from the seat will collapse the table. Any tips on how to lock the legs in place?

One last thing.....can anyone direct me to a web site with discounted camper supplies? I need some stabilizer pads.

Thanks

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
Could you post a photo of the end of the awning? We have a Viking although its the epic line. If its the same I might be able to help.

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
Go to the manual section and download the 2008 Viking manual. It may give you what you need.
Also, it's a lot easier if you set up the awning while the roof is halfway up.

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
If it is a carefree of colorado it is pretty easy but you will want to take it out of the bag with the top only partially raised. Even at that point you will still likely need a small step stool to finish after raising the roof. Just unzip the bag and roll out the awning. Once rolled out the legs are tucked inside the aluminum rail. Pull them out (they might be tight, may need very strong fingers). Once the vertical legs drop down you should then find 2 arms that come out horizontally that extend out and fit into a small loop on either end of the awning At the camper top. Once extended the horizontal rails fit into these loops, extend them out as far as possible to make it tight against the roof. At this point finish raising the roof and then extend the vertical legs enough to leave a slight slop to the top of the awning for moisture runoff. When set, spike the legs into the ground and enjoy.

Hope that all makes sense.

mainahman

Oct 2, 2009
On our Viking we have 4 poles that come out.m2 with little rubber caps, and 2 with just the little balls at the end. The ones with the caps extend, and then either plug in to the small attachment points on the camper or go on the ground. We choose to go off the camper. The other two extend till they are tight to the camper connecting to 2 connectors under the awning bag. Then we turn them to tighten up the poles. Ours is a dometic awning.

lukenick

Sep 16, 2013
mainahman said:
On our Viking we have 4 poles that come out.m2 with little rubber caps, and 2 with just the little balls at the end. The ones with the caps extend, and then either plug in to the small attachment points on the camper or go on the ground. We choose to go off the camper. The other two extend till they are tight to the camper connecting to 2 connectors under the awning bag. Then we turn them to tighten up the poles. Ours is a dometic awning.

I have no idea what type of awning this is because it came with the used camper. I hope I can figure it out. I'm not very strong either. Hopefully I can warngle up some men at the campground to help poor little ole me. [;)]

lukenick

Sep 16, 2013
I don't know because I never opened it and I can't check because its stored under an ADCO cover in the snow.

mainahman

Oct 2, 2009
Never mind I answered my own question. You have the same awning we do I'd imagine. I bet its a dometic. Once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake! Good luck!

lukenick

Sep 16, 2013
tombiasi said:
It's a bag awning. Regardless of the brand they are not that much different. Two poles on the ground, two poles into the camper.

Do you think there is a video out there showing the assembly?

RockyRoo

Jun 8, 2012
tombiasi said:
It's a bag awning. Regardless of the brand they are not that much different. Two poles on the ground, two poles into the camper.

^X2. They also are not very heavy, a small child can help you steady it while you set it up. Once you unzip and unroll it you will be surprised how easy it is to set up whichever brand it is.

lukenick

Sep 16, 2013
RockyRoo said:
^X2. They also are not very heavy, a small child can help you steady it while you set it up. Once you unzip and unroll it you will be surprised how easy it is to set up whichever brand it is.

Great! Thank you....I bet getting it back in it's bag is going to be a bigger challenge!!

mainahman

Oct 2, 2009
My wife and I put ours away quite easily. We roll it right up, and we have little ties in ours that once its rolled back up we can tie it off, so we have free hands to zip it up. You will be a pro after a time or two!

RockyRoo

Jun 8, 2012
lukenick said:
Great! Thank you....I bet getting it back in it's bag is going to be a bigger challenge!!

No problem, anytime. It's not as bad as you might think, just remember to shorten the legs and then drop the top halfway or so before trying to completely tear it down and put it away, otherwise you will never get it in the bag. I am 6'2 and had a hard time reaching the bag most of the time with the top completely up on my 08 Viking 2108st. It's really not as bad as you might think right now.