Help with pop camper bed and sink

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on my pop up camper bed and sink combo.

I bought the camper used (Palmino mustang 2002). I watched the previous owner fold it down and never noticed this sink bed issue.

The bed is supposed to slide in over the sink. However the drain hose seems to be in the way. I was able to get it to close by forcing it over the hose but it doesn't seem correct.

I'm at a loss. Is this correct? Do you just force it over the drain hose? Pic attached

Attachments

• 20220623_132522.jpg
    20220623_132522.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 175

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
It does look like the hose is where it should be, with the (un)stapled hose holder there.

SteveP

Super Active Member
May 21, 2015
I don't have a palomino but it looks to me like that inside rail on the bed is upside down. The one on my Jayco is pointed up, instead of down, to hold the mattress in place, which can be a bit of a bruiser. Look at the other bunk and see if it's the same.

Last edited:

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
I don't have a palomino but it looks to me like that inside rail on the bed is upside down. The one on my Jayco is pointed up, instead of down, to hold the mattress in place, which can be a bit of a bruiser. Look at the other bunk and see if it's the same.
That would make sense actually! Both bunks are the same but I am wondering if they flipped them and cut out the notch for the wheel?

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
I tried taking it off and they glued it on I think. 😭 Then I tried just removing the drain house but think they glued that on too. Dang. I wish I knew all the things to look for. They were moving so quick in our area that i jumped on it because it didn't smell like mold and the canvas was good.

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
What's the wheel for? I've never had a Palomino, but that wheel sure looks...uh...improvised?

NLB

Oct 10, 2021
West Palm Beach, Florida
1. I think I remember a wheel on my StarCraft back in the ‘90s.
2. Re hose: I would first contact previous owner and ask how it’s done. If unable,
3. Position hose away from bed/aluminum and close bed until it reaches the hose, than tuck hose/hoses under the aluminum strip.
Be interesting to learn the solution. Happy Trails!!

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
Maybe you can fix it by putting a removable quick-connect joint where it hits the sink so you don't have to mash anything.

The hose was probably ready to go anyway. It's good you found it now instead of while using it?