Help with pop camper bed and sink

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
Maybe you can fix it by putting a removable quick-connect joint where it hits the sink so you don't have to mash anything.

The hose was probably ready to go anyway. It's good you found it now instead of while using it?
Good idea! That would solve the problem. Thanks for the help.

RamblinMan

"I was born a Ramblin Man..."
Oct 29, 2013
looking at the photos, the hose looks fairly new, especially if the Pup is 20 years old. It may be routed incorrectly, or may be a different hose than the original. I would put a quick disconnect fitting near the access hole, then reattach during setup.

Cortezfisherman

Jan 18, 2018
NC
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on my pop up camper bed and sink combo.

I bought the camper used (Palmino mustang 2002). I watched the previous owner fold it down and never noticed this sink bed issue.

The bed is supposed to slide in over the sink. However the drain hose seems to be in the way. I was able to get it to close by forcing it over the hose but it doesn't seem correct.

I'm at a loss. Is this correct? Do you just force it over the drain hose? Pic attached
I'm pretty sure that slide is upside down... Two things I notice: The velcro should be on the bottom to roll the bed shroud underneath and secure it. Secondly they wouldn't mount the wood on the underside of the aluminum frame. I'll crank mine up and verify and take a picture.

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
Just a thought, but the bunks and rails may have been removed for some reason and whoever did it may have swapped the rails side for side when they put them back on. They definitely see way lower than they should be.

wtyrrel

Mar 28, 2020
I have a '93 palomino, and I can say the notches are the same as mine, and correct. The wheel supports the middle of the bed while rolling in and out and the notch is for the wheel., and that metal plate abuts the frame under the bed when the bed is fully out to seal/spread the load of the bed to the frame.
I can also say that I've never had any issues with hitting the hoses on mine. It should be lower or the bed should be higher; your other side looks higher..
One thing I've learned with popups: never force it. If it's not going smoothly, odds are something is in the way where it shouldn't be.

ChiefHart

Apr 2, 2020
Staunton, Virginia
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on my pop up camper bed and sink combo.

I bought the camper used (Palmino mustang 2002). I watched the previous owner fold it down and never noticed this sink bed issue.

The bed is supposed to slide in over the sink. However the drain hose seems to be in the way. I was able to get it to close by forcing it over the hose but it doesn't seem correct.

I'm at a loss. Is this correct? Do you just force it over the drain hose? Pic attached
I wonder if the rail is upside down also. My trailer is a Coleman Chesapeake and the bed does not have any center wheel, and the end does not cover the top of the trailer body box. The bed has a weather strip to close the gap between the box and bed bottom to keep critters out, It has a second weather strip on the other end to seal the bed end when closed, even though the top covers. I searched the inter net and I found a instruction manual for your unit, BUT it did not tell how to pull the beds our nor did it have any pictures of it so that we can look to see how it might have been from the factory. I wish I could have been more help.

Dwane

Sep 9, 2014
I have a 2005 Palomino. Can confirm mashing. I always keep an eye on that little guy when closing the bed. It likes to get in the way. I wonder if increasing the size/adjusting the shape of the hole where it comes out of the back of the cabinet might bring some relief?

Jul 20, 2014
Is it right in the middle, so that each bed slides just to where the drain hose is, and neither one is supposed to slide over it? I really can't imagine them intending that to be squished during setup and takedown each time!

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
I would check a couple things..
1- measure the height of the bed rail on each side.. that metal trim IS the correct way, the cutout is factory along with the wheel.. that metal trim piece should clear the drain hose by a quarter inch.. providing the drain hose is still factory.

Measure the height of the cabinet in various locations.. perhaps the cabinet top has swelled due to water.
Also use a board lay it across the sides of the trailer (top rail on each side) and measure the height of the floor to the board.. could be the floor has been damaged (by the lift system) and is bowed up... yes the lift system can damage the floor, I know first hand.

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
I would check a couple things..
1- measure the height of the bed rail on each side.. that metal trim IS the correct way, the cutout is factory along with the wheel.. that metal trim piece should clear the drain hose by a quarter inch.. providing the drain hose is still factory.

Measure the height of the cabinet in various locations.. perhaps the cabinet top has swelled due to water.
Also use a board lay it across the sides of the trailer (top rail on each side) and measure the height of the floor to the board.. could be the floor has been damaged (by the lift system) and is bowed up... yes the lift system can damage the floor, I know first hand.
We redid the floors but only for looks sub floor was without water damage. Here is a different angle of hose and rails.

Attachments

• 20220623_182118.jpg
    20220623_182118.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220623_181902.jpg
    20220623_181902.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 29

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
Forget about the rail... If you look at this image on the slide out section there is a recess for the mattress to sit into the aluminum frame... Your slide is definitely upside down from what I saw in the earlier

Forget about the rail... If you look at this image on the slide out section there is a recess for the mattress to sit into the aluminum frame... Your slide is definitely upside down from what I saw in the earlier pictures
I'm getting confused now. So you think the whole thing is upside down? Or just the metal rail? The velcro and slots for support poles are definitely underneath and I don't see any indication they were ever on the top.

Rachelm01234

Jun 21, 2022
Found this video and did a screen shot. 2003 Palomino. Looks exactly the same as mine. So I do think it's correct. If only they showed the sink flipped over!

Attachments

• Screenshot (440).png
    Screenshot (440).png
    399.8 KB · Views: 17

SteelPlayer

Jul 5, 2020
I'm pretty sure that slide is upside down... Two things I notice: The velcro should be on the bottom to roll the bed shroud underneath and secure it. Secondly they wouldn't mount the wood on the underside of the aluminum frame. I'll crank mine up and verify and take a picture.
I noticed the same thing as Cortezfisherman. The Velcro also caught my eye as looking like the attachment point for the tent, underneath the bed. Could the previous owner have accidentally installed the plywood slides upside down?

wtyrrel

Mar 28, 2020
I noticed the same thing as Cortezfisherman. The Velcro also caught my eye as looking like the attachment point for the tent, underneath the bed. Could the previous owner have accidentally installed the plywood slides upside down?
No, the Velcro is for the canvas flap to secure once out under the mattress. Mine's the same way. The canvas has 2 end flaps, one hangs down to flow rain off the wood, the other tucks under the mattress and secures with that Velcro.