Help with pop up door not being aligned right

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Art Garcia, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Art Garcia

Art Garcia New Member

Hi my name is art , I recently purchased a pop up camper , start craft venture 1999 2106 , the first few time popping it up was easy , but after a few more times I noticed the door (bottom part) would be out of alignment , it was hard to close it , we had to push it really hard for it to close. I also noticed at the same time that when I would crank it up it would not go all the way up as it would the first times , there’s a red “wire” (I’m sure there’s an actual name for it ) that tells me that im almost all the way cranked up , well that would be super lose but the crank would start to get really tight like if I was reaching its limits , you can even hear the corner of the camper like crackling as I try just to get a little more , any ideas what can be going on ?

2. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

2 things I can think of off the top of my head...

1. Make sure you’re level as can be. Some are more picky than others.
    2. Make sure your lifting mechanism is lubed. Not sure on your model but some of zerk fitting so you can add lube to the whiffle tree.

Good luck.

Rob

3. Flipped in NH

Flipped in NH Member

Is it possible that you have rot in the floor so the weight of the lifting is actually pushing your corners down through the floor(crackling) rather than pushing the roof up?