Help With Roof Repair

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Ryoukoe, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

I recently purchased a 1990 Starcraft Meteor that when shown had been kept in storage and I had seen very little in terms of roof issues. Well I was finally able to pop it up today and oh boy do I have problems. The roof is pretty much wet and it seems to be new but is a fix that is way out of my realm. Does anyone know how much a roof would cost to repair? I bought it for $400 and will already have to buy a canvas for it and am just not even sure it is worth it at this point.

2. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

The roof is not new, sorry spellcheck.

3. jbeige

jbeige New Member

I'm sorry that I can't help you (yet).. I'm still new to my PUP too.. But I was taking apart the A/C to check it out on my '87 coleman, and I found that part (or all) of my roof will need replaced as well.. I'm hoping to get new canvas next year, and I was thinking I could do both of them at the same time.. But I am still researching how much of an undertaking it will be to replace it..

4. mark2011

mark2011 Member

Considering that I, along with some friends, took the roof off of my 2000 Coleman Tacoma and rebuilt the interior ceiling because of water leakage there is no easy or simple way to repair your roof. I would venture to guess that paying someone to do it would be very cost prohibitive. There are alot of roof/ceiling repair links here on the site. Do a search and you will most likely find the inspiration for tackling the job. It's not the most difficult of jobs but it takes time and you need an enclosed area to do the restoration.

Taking into account canvas replacement the additional cost for restoring the roof is probably in the neighborhood of $200-$400 if you do it yourself. It all depends on how much you want to get done while you have it off of the box.

Good luck!

5. sidepockettroy

sidepockettroy Member

i jsut got done with replacing the ceiling in my 78 starcraft galaxy swinger and i posted some info on two posts of mine

my original post with pictures --- http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=57273.0

and a reply to post with costs and info on what is needed to replace the ceiling in most pop ups --- http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=60574.msg512770#msg512770

pictures of the ceiling replacement ---- http://www.flickr.com/photos/68464881@N08/

6. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Thank you everyone for all of the information. After talking about it with my husband we decided to re-sell the PUP as it was something neither of us could repair and we knew that it would probably be costly.

I am not in the process of saving up a bit more money for a new quicksilver camper.