here's a doozie

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by jacrabbitt, Aug 19, 2018.

1. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

So I start changinng out my light fixtures to LED tv is playing... flip the light switch
    No tv reception. Turn the LED off get tv reception.. Anybody have this prob? Tech said LED emitting frequency that interfears with tv reception. Same deal in my old hybrid too.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yes , I have a shop light that interferes with stuff in the house. I had to move it.

3. Canadian Campers

Canadian Campers New Member

I recommend getting rid if the TV and your problems will be over.
    You're welcome

rescamilla, 8lugnutz, jnc and 6 others like this.
  4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Yup... Some of thos LED lights that have a built-in voltage regulator that will cause RFI interference with things like your HDTV, AM/FM Radio, WX RADIO, etc... Way back when the LEDs lights started getting popular I of course ordered a whole set of LED lights to replace all of mine at one time... That was a $150 dollar mistake haha...

Then i learned to only buy one and see if it works good with everything else then go get a bunch of them...

Even today I can pull up behind some of the tractor trailer trucks that has LED rear lights running and my Ham radio starts acting up... Back off fifty feet and it all clears up haha...

There used to be alot of conversations on this so that most everyone would get the picture but I guess it has slowed down somewhat. Every now and then we hear of some with your same problem. Last one i heard was turning on the light in the bathroom after they installed a new one with fan and light combo. Made their TV go blank too haha...

I guess you can start adding DC filters in the wiring everywhere but best thing is just get a different brand and try it out first. When I changed my lights out for LEDs they were all on a board so you see the voltage regulator chip on the board. I gave all of them away and got the cheap $4.99 a board from china and all been working great ever since...

[​IMG]
    No chip

[​IMG]

I guess it is hard to tell when you buy the bulb replacement type... If the specs says they will work from 9VDC to 15VDC that will tell you they have a DC VOLTAGE REGULATOR CHIP in the unit??? The boards I got for my OFF-ROAD Trailer said they will work from 12.0VDC to 12.4VDC so I bought extra units and still have not had to change any out after several years of use...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

megcabra likes this.
  5. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Thanks Roy, I was hoping the ol radio guy would have an answer. You the man.