Hershey RV Show

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by TravelingAggie, Jul 28, 2021.

1. TravelingAggie

TravelingAggie Member

Anyone hear that a lot of dealers are pulling out of the Hershey, PA RV show in September? We talked to a salesman at camping world who said that they are pulling out

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I didn't hear it, but not surprised. From what I heard there is a backlog of RVs, the manufacturer is unavailable to keep up with the current demand as it is. An RV show will bring in only a ton more customers they can't afford to have until things even out a bit.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. TravelingAggie

TravelingAggie Member

It would be a real shame if they did. We are hoping to use the show to look at all the different models we like and then buy once the used market picks up when people decide to trade in or trade up their covid campers

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We are planning on going to the Hershey show, but hope dealers don't pull out!!! We really want to see what's out there!!! For us it's a 2.5 hour drive. We usually book a room at a hotel nearby. At $250-300 a night we would be really disappointed if dealers are pulling out!

5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

We bought our camper from Camping World in Harrisburg almost two years ago now. They called us this week to tell us that Camping World would not be at the Hershey show this year and many others were pulling out also. They also went on to tell me that they were having their own "show" at the store, and if we came they would love to buy our camper at a great price. So it does sound like Camping World has decided not to go, but I would not believe that lots of dealers are pulling out. Camping World just wants you to come to them instead.

6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Yeah, I don't trust Camping World!!!!! Last night the DW and I decided that we weren't going to the show. So, maybe next year.