Hey all

LukeInPDX

Feb 15, 2017
Happy to have found you all. Our family (my wife, two daughters, and I) stepped up from tent camping when we bought our '07 Fleetwood Santa Fe last fall. Had hoped to have it out for its first trip before the Pacific NW rains came, but hit some snags with the lift system. This site was helpful in getting that all worked out, and fortunately the previous owner was also willing to work with us on getting it repaired.

With those concerns behind us, we are stoked to hit the campgrounds this spring and summer! As the season approaches, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. So I decided it was time to register as a "real" user.

We live in Portland, OR and are spoiled by a great variety of favorite camping spots and a never-ending list of new places to explore. Pretty significant elevation changes around here, and we're towing with our '05 Highlander, so I got to learn about weight capacities and brake controllers and related stuff that I honestly don't get very excited about. But if it makes the camping experience better, then I'm willing to learn!

Here's to a great 2017 camping season!

Keith Hawkins

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2015
Welcome to the portal where you will find lots of great advice and even better people.

May I suggest you put the make, model, year of your Tow Vehicle (TV) and your Pop Up (PUP) in your signature line. This way, when you have questions people will more easily be able to answer without asking the same question over and over again.

Happy Camping!

LukeInPDX

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for the tip, Eagle Camper... I had assumed that carried over automatically from the profile. I'm on it!

romno

Mar 22, 2015
Welcome!

I suggest you start by looking at tow ratings. Does your Highlander have the factory tow package? It gets you to 3500 lbs towing capacity. Otherwise, your tow capacity is 2000 lbs and your Santa Fe almost certainly puts you over that limit...