Hey ya'll from Florida

katincape

Jan 10, 2015
My husband Doug and I picked up a used pop-up down here earlier this year from some folks who brought it down from Michigan. No tag, no title, spray paint over the entire exterior and in very, very sad shape. From all of our research, it appears to be a 1980 Viking lil Gasser. We have just started a total restoration on it. Canvas is gone. Roof leaks. Ceiling is rotted. Floor is rotted. AC/DC systems and lights gone. Good news is that the chassis and axle appear to be in good shape!! [:D]

katincape

Jan 10, 2015
Thanks, and glad to be here. I kept ending up on this page while doing searches trying to get info on what we had & for renovation ideas. Like many people, I thought we'd just need to slap a little bit of paint & weather coating on her when we bought her, but... we quickly realized our quick renovation will be a full restoration. I'm excited about it - I've found a lot of inspiration and motivation in the members' posts here. So we've finally taken the first step and evicted the ant colony living in the rotted ceiling!! [:(O]

TDS-MN

Sep 29, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your upcoming project. There are a lot of knowledgeable members on the forum, that will be happy to share wisdom with you as you work thru some of your project.

katincape

Jan 10, 2015
We're down in SW FL. Hoping to have it done by late March so we can join some friends on the beach for a long weekend!! :)

Latest posts