Hi From PEnnsylvania

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PnutBubba, Aug 10, 2013.

1. PnutBubba

PnutBubba New Member

Hi Everybody,

Wanted to jump in and get going with introducing myself. We (Wife and I) have been camping for 20 years. Love Pop ups and we just bought another new to us StarCraft 3606. I say another because we are replacing the old StarCraft 3606. We upgraded from 2004 to 2005. Wait to you here this story. In the mean time I have been in and out of this sight for years. A great place for sure.

2. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

Welcome from Ontario.....looking forward to reading the story. :)

Rob & Suzanne

3. Hanne

Hanne New Member

Welcome to the portal, from Lancaster Co. PA.
    I hope your newest PUP provides many years of happy memories!

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy and safe camping, enjoy and have fun. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP]

5. Tribble

Tribble New Member

Welcome, from Greene County.

6. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Hello and Welcome from Florida [8D]

7. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Welcome from Korea! Why upgrade to a trailer that is only one year newer?

8. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Hello and welcome from south central Kentucky.

9. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Can't wait to hear your story, Bubba

10. kpic

kpic New Member

Welcome from western NC..

Looking forwards to reading why you upgraded. [:D]

11. PnutBubba

PnutBubba New Member

Hi everybody and thanks for the welcome messages...what follows is what I posted moments ago on another spot on this forum. This will answer many of your questions...

We have been doing the Pups for 15 years. So we started of with a really old old pup that had the lift arms on the outside. It was up and a wind storm tore it up arms and all. We then got into a Coleman. Real nice until I had to have the canvas replaced. No big deal since it was under warranty. HOWEVER they replaced the canvas with what seemed to be one size too small. Had to get rid of it. We the bought a Viking. Again nice camper until... Dun dun daaaaaaa!!!

The wife was cruising [RTM] Craigslist and there it was. A 2005 StarCraft Centennial 3606. Fell in love and went to chase it down. We were one step short. Arrrrrrrrrggg !!!! Fear not...we were on a mission now. So we searched CL high and low looking here looking there till one day. ANOTHER ONE!!! Same camper same year. We jumped and got it.

Talk about Heaven [SUN]. We camped over the past three summers just about every other weekend. Then it happened. [:(] On the way back from Raystown Lake. This past 4th of July Holiday. 3 hour drive down the turnpike. Get home. Unpack. life goes on for two weeks later gearing up for the next outing. I go out and pop it up and smelled something. [?:~{] I thought it was wires melting since I had just plugged in the shore line. So into the house I go to get the wife to bring her out to see if she smelled what I smelled.

As we come out the back door I can see the rear bunk tent has a hole burnt in it the size of the spare tire. Apparently the light was on. Smoldered and melted the canvas...the roof...the bed...the light...charred...smelling...kill me now...are you kidding me!!! [V]

I will come back to this drama in a later post. In the meantime...

Camper is totaled by the insurance company. We start to search again. [RTM] And low and behold what do we find????

A StarCraft 3606 Centennial 2005 in pristine condition. All is the right with the world. [SUN] So where's all the StarCraft owners? Right here. I would not own any other brand. BUT REMEMBER...

This story of that light is far from over. [{:)]

QUESTION for you 2004/2005 Centennial Owners...where is your kill switch? You know...the one that is SUPPOSED to be in ALL StarCraft Pop Ups...Look in the manual...they have a picture of it and everything.

If you find a kill switch you let me know. Far from done...but I love my StarCraft Pup. [:D]

12. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Hello from Columbia County, PA. Welcome to the site.

13. Hanne

Hanne New Member

Oh my goodness [:O]. I had no idea an overhead light could burn a hole in your canvas!

14. PnutBubba

PnutBubba New Member

Yes indeed. Charred Toast [:(O] !!!

Now this problem of human error [SNZ] [SNZ] is supposedly taken out of the equation by the factory installation of a KILL SWTCH [!] !!!! That is why I am talking about this because I do not have nor could I locate any such switch in my 2004 Starcraft 3606 Centennial. The 2005 mannual states [RTM] "ALL STARCRAFT POP UPS HAVE A KILL SWITCH".

[{:)] StarCraft 2005 Centennial 3606 owners look to see if you have a KILL SWTCH!

15. upfeich

upfeich New Member

That is really scary to think that a light left on could ruin the camper...but thank you so much for sharing this story [:O] If the battery is unconnected...that would presumably be a 'kill switch' as well...no?

16. popupmurf

popupmurf New Member

Welcome from another Lancaster, PA member.