Hi Gentlemen from Montreal

Datsun

May 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

Just found this great forum. We are a late 20's couple from Montreal, QC.

My wife and I love to go camping in tent, but we did less especially theses past years due to my back problems.

We went last year on the U.S. east coast, in Avalon (Cape May, NJ). We were with a couple of friends who had a pop.
We slept in their pop the last night because it was so hot in our tent (+35*C / +95*F). We greatly appreciated.

The mother of this same friend offered us his pop for a very good price and we have not been able to resist!

So we are now officially owner of a 2000 Rockwood premier pop-up! It's equipped with 2 propane tanks, a roof rack, 2" hitch on the back of the pup. The 2 tires are brand new from this summer. I will have to change/modify the faucet (It has a home faucet with only one line connected) and some touch up here and there, but for 1,4K$ I think it' a good deal.

Returning home! [:D]

I will have more details/indoor pictures this week-end!

Cheers,

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
[:D] Welcome from southeast Connecticut. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP] Check that trailer angle when loaded, looks high right now, Would tow better level or down a little.

lugoismad

Super Active Member
Dec 31, 2013
Awesome! Such a beautiful area. I went to Montreal for work for a week.

My boss was looking for people to go to Italy. I volunteered. He said "Oh. You want to travel? Well, now that I know that, we really need someone to go to Montreal. In December. HAVE FUN!"

It was actually really fun, and I've never eaten that good in my life. Your beers are amazing. There was one red ale in particular I remember really liking.

BlueEyedMum

May 19, 2014
Welcome!

I have severe back issues as well (surgery in 2010 and able to walk for 4 years straight now! yay!) and so when we camped in a tent, even the blow up mattress was hell on my back. We have just gotten our PUP and I am SOOOO excited to venture out. I'm sure we will make it into Ontario too as I'm from that area originally.

Have fun with your new PUP!

Datsun

May 19, 2014
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Raycfe said:
[:D] Welcome from southeast Connecticut. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP] Check that trailer angle when loaded, looks high right now, Would tow better level or down a little.

I will look at it, thanks!

lugoismad said:
Awesome! Such a beautiful area. I went to Montreal for work for a week.

My boss was looking for people to go to Italy. I volunteered. He said "Oh. You want to travel? Well, now that I know that, we really need someone to go to Montreal. In December. HAVE FUN!"

It was actually really fun, and I've never eaten that good in my life. Your beers are amazing. There was one red ale in particular I remember really liking.

Yes it's a great city, very multicultural. We have A LOT of microbrewery and restaurant, maybe a bit too much. It's hard to stay in shape! Hehe.

BlueEyedMum said:
Welcome!

I have severe back issues as well (surgery in 2010 and able to walk for 4 years straight now! yay!) and so when we camped in a tent, even the blow up mattress was hell on my back. We have just gotten our PUP and I am SOOOO excited to venture out. I'm sure we will make it into Ontario too as I'm from that area originally.

Have fun with your new PUP!

The blow up mattress, my dear enemy... I could not stand anymore to wake with my back against the floor with the mattress deflated.

pawseyte said:
GO HABS GO!

Yeaaah Go Habs!!! We will stay positive!

bmcilravey

Lovin' the pup!
Aug 13, 2012
Welcome to the portal of power from Waterloo Ontario. My wife is from Montreal so we know it well.

SOOOOOO much good information and advice on here, but be careful, it's addictive.

HappyFamily

May 20, 2014
Welcome from South-West Michigan!

Everyone is so friendly and helpful here. It is great to have you among us!

kmh1596

Wilbraham, MA
Aug 20, 2007
Western MA
Welcome! What did the previous owner use the hitch for? I spent several hours installing a hitch on the back of our Rockwood 1940LTD (similar sizing to your rig) only to have it unweight the tongue SO much, that I had nothing but sway... I ended up not being able to put a single thing on the hitch, and it was time/money wasted..

Good Luck, post up some more pics of your rig if you can!