hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wisejimmy, Sep 2, 2016.

1. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

[PU] so just bought my first pu. 84 jayco j 1088dd. one owner had a rip in canvas. im not sure if i should say but i am an upholsterer so i pulled it and repaired it. i love how everyone says you can make a new one lol....nope not for 900. couldnt buy the materials and do all the sewing for the bargin price. so far ive done the bed covers and both dinets. new tables are being made. i added a bigger water tank out of a wreck. added the fill port and new covers for plug etc. i just finished adding some aluminum to the back to cover extra holes from taillights etc. added a junction box for tongue wires, reciever for junk basket on rear. next im adding a battery mount and box. rescrewed upper trim and new sealant. new bungee cord on tent and will be painted by monday i hope. i also owned a body shop so im lucky i can do all the stuff. so ill post more pictures of painting and mods. i just realized they are not on laptop.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome.

It sounds like you have a good start on renovating it. When we needed new canvas on our tiny '84 Palomino Shetland, our first plan was to make it ourselves. We actually bought all the supplies needed, which was probably $500 or so, a few years back. By the time we got to actually working on the pup, for a number of reasons buying the canvas from CR was a better route, so that was $800 or 900, without the stress to make it ourselves. The good news is that we made use of pretty much everything we bought, making cushion covers, bunk end skirt, and assorted other things for that and the second pup. I think the only thing we have left is a bit of window vinyl.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from the Toronto Canada area ..

You could be kept real busy with repairs on the Portal alone... [:D]

$1000 is the average price Bear Creak Canvas charges for new canvas depending trailer size..

I hope you tied this into the main frame rails otherwise you may get to your destination minus your junk basket...

Ok now you are going to be in trouble.. lol

4. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

Hi been busy. Its painted

Attached Files:

5. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

Added a battery tray in front. Made bunk stops. Water pump leaks

Attached Files:

6. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

made a diaphragm for pump...all better.

7. lisad424

lisad424 New Member

I expect you will be a great resource for us newbie PUP owners just learning as we go on renovations. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us! Welcome to the portal from Upstate SC.

8. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

pictures of paint and stripe

Attached Files:

9. wisejimmy

wisejimmy New Member

trying to post more than one pict

Attached Files: