Hickory Ridge Family Campground

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by aimee0508, May 5, 2013.

1. aimee0508

aimee0508 New Member

Just wanted to give my [2C] about this campground!
    We live close by and enjoy visiting Hickory Ridge with our kids, we have been doing so for the past 29 years! It is a family run, private camp ground that has a huge pool, playground for the kids, basketball court, and fishing pond. There are weekend activities, Hawaiian Laua's, Italian dinner nights in the rec hall and almost every site is pull through which makes for an easy set up for me and my 3 kids when my husband arrives much later than us!! There are free showers in the large, public restrooms, camp fires are allowed and encouraged.....the managers may sit and join you with their guitars and singing! There is a new extention off the pool area that is designed like a beach cabana but it is a stage for the locals to come play vacation music either live accoustically during the day, by dj in the evening, and even fun live bands at night on holiday weekends.

Rates are average, I think we pay $38/night but that includes water, electric and sewer. There are a few tent sites, so those might be less, we have never used them because we like to have the electric luxury!

We love to hike the hundred acre bird sanctuary right down the street, naturistic trails for the expert and novice hiker. The campground is only about 5 or less miles off 95. It is close to the highway, but grocery stores are about 7 miles away, so be sure to bring enough marshmellows!! There is a local conenience/general store (they have horse hay and all the sorts for the real rednecks of our area, lol!) which has milk, eggs, a deli, and other necessities but they close at 8pm.

We can't wait for our 1st stay back this year on Memorial day weekend! There is the live music by the pool that we miss over the winter!

2. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

Do they have a website? Can you post it for us? Do you have favorite sites there? Any sites you wouldn't want?

3. aimee0508

aimee0508 New Member

They have a new site, I will try to post it, but I am pretty computer illiterate..... and I'm aware my spelling is horrible, lol!

We prefer to stay in the shaded sites, they are close to the bathroom, and with 3 kids you can imagine why I do that.
    I believe the low numbers are the shaded sites, but you can tell them what you like exactly when you call and would assume you could be discriptive to what you prefer. We ALWAYs have had one of the 3 sites that are in front of the 'wooded' section restroom. I believe they are 32, 33, and 34. I prefer not to stay near the pond, but that is my preferance because I have small children. The sites on the pond are large, but abutt the pond. I am always envious of those campers that have a fire, while overlooking the pond, but I could never risk my kids being so close.

www.hickoryridgecamp.com