Holding off on Camping as much

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, Jul 6, 2020.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Man your rug doesn’t even fit! Hope you can still relax and enjoy!

HappyTraveler likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ill be complaining tomorrow, and wanting some money back, good thing i asked for the 30 foot camper site. Imagine if i asked for something smaller[:D]

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

@Sjm9911 I'd be at the camphost/desk and complain about their putting you and yours at risk due to the close quarters. No reason for that with empty sites available.

If they don't move you immediately, I'd pack up and threaten bad press.

Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you weren't here last night, it was a bumpie night. Serious t-storms. Hope they hold off while you're there, but they're calling for pop up storms that could be bad. Just watch that awning!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

I'd go move to the site that's in the background of your firepit!

6. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Wow that's a horrible site.

7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Had 2 canceled early on in April & early May, been twice, late May/mid June; hot & humid as hay, not going again til mid Sept....we do "Camp Asphalt" in between, open the rear galley on the teardrop, pull up a couple chairs, cook on the stove, engage in occasional barley pop sessions, & listen to the oldies station on the bluetooth speakers as the sun sets w/ the citronella torches flickering...
    thumbnail_IMG_1291.jpg

8. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

9. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

CNX Sept/Oct trip from NC to Mt. Rushmore, Yellow Stone, Grand Tetons, Grand Canyon, etc. Worried about everything closing or partially closeing. CV-19 is going crazy again. I've waited 67 years. I guess I can wait another year. Will do some more local trips, 5 hrs or less closer to home.

BillyMc likes this.
  10. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Was planning to add a stereo to the PUP with speakers in and out. Discovered a Bluetooth speaker the DQT left in the PUP. Amazon Prime, Bluetooth, Tiki Torches, and cold Steel Hands tropical IPA make for a nice evening.

11. netslacker

netslacker Member

We just got back from three days in PA. Crowded but still better than staying home. I made sure to buy a pup this year that had a potty. Wife feels safe so we’re all in and going every second weekend to CGs within three hours of us. We have been on three trips and have four more planned.

some cg booking is done last minute as we watch for cancelations. Otherwise most around us are full. But so far there’s been a cancellation or opening and we’ve been able to go to our planned destination. Once there we don’t rely on the CG for anything except firewood and electric for the AC.

neighbormike and Rik Peery like this.
  12. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Wow, that has to be one of the worst I have seen for a while!

We are planning on doing winter camp this July. My wife has a xmas tree up for xmas in July, we are going to bake some cookies and play holiday music. Think I might take the Mon/Tues off after the 25th, set up the camper in the driveway, stock it with food just like a campout, and we will stay in it for a couple days. I'll put my canopy up in the back yard and set up the full camp kitchen.

13. akriot

akriot Active Member

We have been out several weeks in a row here in NE. We have a TT and a PUP, have been using the TT. We have not been using the state parks facilities other than the camp site, elec. and the dump station. People have been good at keeping to themselves...kids from other camps want to come close to talk though. I think they are just excited to be out. We have not cancelled any dates. We have yet to go out of state, that's a different story with the quarantine requirements on return.[put&hy]:(

14. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We planned a camping trip to Nashville (KOA) for the first week in August. Well, after what's going on down there we cancelled it. We are now going to Lake George, NY. We were lucky and got reservations at Moose Hillock campground. I've been working from home since March 12th, we need to get out of here and camp for a week with friends. Hopefully things here and upstate NY stay good. The good news is we won't have to deal with the Tennessee heat in August. The wife is happy about that!!!

I have a two week vacation in October. We are planning to go to Florida to see family, but the way it's going it might not happen. Who knows what we'll do then! And in November we are planning a trip to Amish country in PA. Again, guess we'll see!

15. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We're heading back to the NFS campground that we camped at a few weeks ago. The host says her and another retried couple that we know from this past summer are the only ones there. I hate to hear about about all these crowded sites so you folks are indeed, welcome to join us... [CK] Here one of the other couples now there. diane53.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Camper054 and Rik Peery like this.
  16. HappyCamper2020

HappyCamper2020 New Member

We have been out twice so far and leaving again this Thursday. While sites have been busy I think everyone has been really good about social distancing and keeping to themselves. The bathrooms have been really clean and taken care of often. We really like the flexibility with work right now to go more mid-week because its’s definitely quieter. Our last trip was Weds-Sat for the 4th and we were so happy to be leaving Saturday when it was packed.

HappyTraveler and Rik Peery like this.
  17. soflopopup

soflopopup Member

We are not holding off due to covid. Only thing keeping us from going out more is work. We have 7 days coming up for Bahia Honda, and I am still steadily planning other trips.

18. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Just cancled my Delaware trip , or i would have to isolate for 2 weeks upon returning( as per my job). So going to moose hillock in August also. When will you be there , a few disney people are going around the 9th the 15th.

19. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We will be there from the 1st to the 8th.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Haven’t really camped much in 2 years due to relocation from NW Ohio to central Virginia. Left the rig back in Ohio for a while, finally brought her home last week. We met up with a group of portal members, kind of a mini "till we meet again" rally if you will for 5 days and then camped our way back home. Now it sits out in the yard waiting due to campgrounds being packed, which is ok because even with 2 air conditioners we really aren’t crazy about camping in this heat and humidity. Heading out for our anniversary week in mid August, then going to try to get out more frequently starting in September thru December. Nice thing about VA is you can pretty much camp year round, which we are very much looking forward to. Being self contained we never have to use the bathrooms, only thing we may need to do is get one of those portable dump totes. For some odd reason VA parks give you unlimited water but often no sewer. Weird.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020