Hole in the Wall

Discussion in 'New Brunswick' started by smhartman, Jan 21, 2017.

1. smhartman

smhartman Member

Sent my email in for a site this summer. Looks like an experience!

2. pej

pej Member

We camped at that campground this summer. Rather than stay at a site in the trailer section we had a site out on the bluff. The lane had some gravel grades so we had Dave tow our pop-up out with his truck so I did not spray it with gravel. It was amazing hearing the whales and watching boats go by. With a full moon and high tide we paddled through the hole! You will love Grand Manan.

3. pej

pej Member

Here are two photos if I can upload them. That is two humpback whales ... Synchronized diving. Just amazing. BTW. We were NOT in kayaks with the humpbacks!

Attached Files:

4. smhartman

smhartman Member

Those are awesome photos!

I'll be so glad to head out of the country, unplug, and unwind watching whales and eating seafood!

I'll take any tips you may have for what to do on the island.

Susan

5. pej

pej Member

Well, the kayak tour is great. We could hear whales, but there was enough fog that we could not see any. The whale watching tour was amazing. They guarantee whales or your money back. The humpbacks were really showing off. We took a propane boiler and pot with us to have a lobster feed at our campsite, but there are restaurants that will do that for you. There are lots of walking trails along the cliffs and and few country roads to travel out to the coast. The lighthouse near Hole in the wall is a great visit and tour. Tip. If you tow with very little hitch to ground clearance, such as a minivan, then avoid crossing at low tide. The ferry to ramp angle can cause you to drag. In the rest of New Brunswick visit St. Andrews, St. Martin's, Fundy National Park, Hopewell Rocks, etc. Plan to stay for weeks...Or ever.

Tulip likes this.