Homemade WiFi Dishes

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by Bigpineguy, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Bigpineguy

Bigpineguy New Member

I have played with WiFi for quite a few years, and know of several ways to connect to the internet via campground internet ( if it's offered ) or pick up the McDonald's a mile away from your PUP , and a repeater and use every device you have at the same time!

I would be more than happy to post some how to's , but wanted to ask permission from the site first....I did a quick search and didn't see anything like them...

BPG~

2. rjniles

rjniles Member

I am interested

3. Bigpineguy

Bigpineguy New Member

I am sure that many would be, but just wanted an "ok" from an admin or Mod first...I will read through the rules again, and just make sure that I don't break any site rules...

4. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

My thought is that if it is wifi and not protected it is a free for all. Most times at campsites the signal is too weak to do any good. I would most certainly be interested [;)]

5. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

....anxiously awaiting your approval to post! [:D] *walks away giggling and singing*

6. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

we all appreciate you wanting to keep the site free of "ILLEGAL" acts. (piracy, hijacking methods, etc)

as was stated, if it involves improvements while operating on a FREE PUBLIC WiFi network, then there should be no problem at all !

I too am curious.

I know you can by "range antenna's " at any electronics store just about, so making your OWN will be no different IMHO

7. Bigpineguy

Bigpineguy New Member

I have a few posted now, and they are intended for using to pick up that "weak" signal if your at the back of the park ;)

BPG~

8. Bigpineguy

Bigpineguy New Member

local and state law vary on that statement , depending on that State... "Public WiFi" is fair game, be it McDonalds, Library , or anyone that gets a tax break for offering the "public" service ....just an FYI

BPG~