Ill agree , i here about them overhearing. Just never experienced it. If it dosent draw the volts , it shouldn't overheat. ( unless the manufacturing is bad) I cant see how it would overheat without what i said , excessive draw, or a bad conection. I just dont see it happening. Something else caused the heat up. Appliances will only draw what there capable of. Many people dont know this and will overdraw a circuit. Or it will arc because it was loose. Thats my personal, and professional opinion. I dont see a problem with the puck style, and use it and have had it hooked up for weeks in my own yard.