Hot water heater

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by Nanapoppypops, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

I have a 2009 palomino "Y" series popup which we enjoyed after purchasing last spring. I never found a hot water heater in it after ripping everything apart to find it. Is that possible? Nothing surrounded by styrofoam. Am I overlooking something? Thanks

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you have a water heater you will have an exterior metal door about 12 x 12 to excess its controls. You will have a 2 handle faucet and usually an exterior shower also.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 9.47.20 AM.png

neighbormike and kitphantom like this.
  3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

We presume that you have a sink with hot and cold faucets. Correct?

4. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Thank you. I do have that door but where would the tank be or is there none? I did not bother with hot water last year so not sure. I have two faucets but no shower. Would I just ignite from outside where that panel door is? I taught myself a lot but did not get into this mostly because of fear! Thanks for the help

5. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Yes.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

The tank will be behind that door , usally 5 gallons. You light it on the outside after opening the door. You will need to acess the other side of the water heater to make sure its not bypassed and has water. Do not light it without water in it. That acess could be anywhere, under a seat, in a storage compartment etc.

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Open the door and record the make and model numbers, should be on a tag along the side, or take a photo, and the portal can provide you will complete instructions.

8. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Okay. We live in Lake Placid, ny. Unfortunately I will not be able to uncover the pup for a bit et but will get back to you when that happens. Appreciate your help and I think I know where to look now. I'm hoping it's there. My goal is to use it this year(even if it's in my yard) and familiarize myself with that propane system and frig.

9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok , i get the weather up there , lol. Our familly used to have a house in lake luzerne, in the lake george area. Post here when it warms up!

10. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Will do. I'm familiar with that area. Safety and good health to your family.

11. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

12. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Very possibly I do not but there was something inlocatedcthatvyou could not get access to without removing some from f the bench. Two seniors camping with a new tons popup. Never iwnedconecfpbefore. Will take a pic of this in spring. Thanks

13. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

Nanny, after uncovering the Pup at some future date, get your best wide-angle lens-camera combo and take a complete set of PUP photos, inside and out, including behind access panels and doors, for your use as a ready reference. Including the Manufacturer's Nameplate (with weight loading info). Also underneath (trying to catch gas lines and so forth), and axles, brakes and whatever. Its ever so handy to have this info available in the comfort of your house.

Raycfe and Sjm9911 like this.
  14. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Will do. Thank you