How are you keeping busy?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JimmyM, Mar 18, 2020.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Here in the US, and in many other places, "Social distancing" is in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19. A LOT of things are just shut down. Some folks can't work. It tough all around.
    My 3 kids are home from school and my wife is home since she works at a school.

What are you guys doing to keep busy? Camping related or otherwise.

Rey-Pop-UP likes this.
  2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Going to work every day, dreaming about warmer weather and camping... just like before all this started.

Caper, Tothetide, Michael J and 4 others like this.
  3. JJJONZ

JJJONZ New Member

Watching tv .....only kidding, Wffie keeping me busy.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  4. penny

penny Well-Known Member

Not huge changes in our daily life 'habits'. retired, live in a neighborhood that is not real social with each other to begin. not big on attending sporting events or parties. basically our idea of a good time is going out to be in nature, hike, bike, kayak etc. Biggest change is not going to visit our kids and grandkids and traveling.

having recently purchased a vintage Avion trailer, we are busy with all the big and little jobs we want to do to it.

We try to encourage those on the front lines of this war, those with kids at home, jobs on hold. It's a tough and scary time. keep strong, smart and healthy!

Caper likes this.
  5. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Been busy fixing up odds and ends on the truck...Shes getting a little tired and ready for some TLC

akriot likes this.
  6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I was given a two-week paid vacation (in addition to my regular PTO) on Monday. There are things to do around the house, but I learned this morning the weather bimbos are predicting a hard freeze tomorrow night, so I need to take a trip to our camper and winterize again.

We camped the last weekend in February and opted not to re-winterize then (read I forgot to stop and pick up more antifreeze on our way out of town).

akriot likes this.
  7. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Nothing extra. My life hasn't changed at all.

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

The boss allowed working from home. So that's what I'm doing. Glued to a computer oçcationally looking out the window at the glorious sun and wish I was out of the dark house sitting outside. Why couldn't it be raining when I'm working? So other than that everything is the same, with the exception finding groceries is a huge problem.

9. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

We're hunkered down at home, a self-imposed shelter in place. I'm SAHM, so that helps us a lot. DH is working from home - in fact, he was very excited that Amazon just delivered the cord he needs to hook his laptop up to a big monitor. Trying to keep myself and the kids occupied and not just on their screens nonstop - exercise time, school work time, cooking dinner. My DD taught me an Irish dance! Also I'm crocheting a blanket for DH, which I will probably finish before this is over.

Also checking on my parents, the in-laws, our older neighbors. Mostly just thankful that we are home and healthy.

momofEAP likes this.
  10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Working from home since Thursday! Told the DW we need to get out of the house and go for a nice drive. It's cool outside but the sun is shining and it supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday!

akriot likes this.
  11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Doing my usual thing, when you have a farm and animals you stay busy, and there is minimal contact (guests do not want to be put to work so they stay away :)) which is really a good thing now. The freezers, reefer, etc is full so we really do not need to go to town or socialize at least for a couple of months and hopefully this mess will be over by then, camping , visiting and travel can wait too. We are not panicking or even concerned for our situation just cautious. I hope everyone stays safe and well during this crisis. At 77 it is just another crisis of the many I have seen over the years.

Amybejo, kcsa75, JimmyM and 1 other person like this.
  12. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I went to a car auction and scored a 2007 Jayco Select 12HW for $375 plus $375 fees. Rear driver side lift cable broken. AC and cassette shower. $750 for a $5500 pup. I’m going to mod the hell out of it. Plans are Add a fantastic fan over the shower. Get new shw. I so pissed I threw away my “matching set” from my 2007 Jayco 1206. Kharma is a bitch.

Redbird234, popup 61, akriot and 8 others like this.
  13. PaThacker

The AC on the high wall appears to be a 9000 btu unit and I’ll be able to run it on my Yamaha 2000w. I need to fix one lift cable from winch to left rear post. Select models have all the other bells and whistles. I’ll need to assess the solar prep, stereo system, battery monitors and converter. Not worried about weight, camping gear, or tow vehicle lol.

Pommom70, akriot and Sjm9911 like this.
  14. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Nice score!

PaThacker likes this.
  15. PaThacker

I’m not off. I’m a front line us mail tractor trailer driver. We aren’t closing. Covid 19 can screw off. Auction was Tuesday. I went on Sunday to pre assess the high wall.

Back in July 2019 my 2007 jay series 1206 was destroyed by 17 years old driver running a stop. Got $6600 in insurance.

Redbird234, akriot and neighbormike like this.
  16. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

For most of the day I was running around the yard in tight circles while screaming at the top of my lungs that we're all doomed. That is until my wife came home and made me go back into the house. Then she told me to run to the store because we're out of toilet paper so I again started screaming.

Not really. Today I started working from home. Hard to do because cats think I stayed home for them and they are wanting to walk on my keyboard.

Sterman, SongCamper, momofEAP and 5 others like this.
  17. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

I will be rubbing down the chassis and giving it a lick of paint for the coming season whenever that will be (I'm glad we went out last week). I've also fitted an S plug and split charge relay to the car so I can charge the pups battery whilst we are driving.

Indiobravo likes this.
  18. PaThacker

What’s your tow vehicle? Mines a gmc ext cab lb 1500. All I added was 40amp fuse to lug on engine fuse box. Hot 12 vt to 7 way.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

My husband began working from home Tuesday, for some indeterminate time, so I'm doing my best to ignore the fact that he's here most of the time. The cats have been pretty cooperative for him, so he hasn't had to shut himself in the room. He's keeping his regular works hours/days, so we'll have his Friday off this week.
    I'm mostly just plugging along at the usual things I do, since I'm "retired" - for years, I was called a homemaker, which hasn't really changed, but at 65 seem to be considered retired. (I have given up most of the volunteer work I did for many years, so guess that counts as retiring.) I'm working on sewing and quilting projects. My 10-day March/April trip is canceled, so work on getting the trailer ready for the season has slowed with no close deadline, but we're still working on it. I am missing the time I spend with my good friend and sewing pal every week.
    Our church is closed to all worship and meetings, although the office is open, and the facilities guy is taking the opportunity to strip and re-wax the floors (no one to walk on them!)We are planning to get over there soon, since there had been Lenten meals underway, and we have no idea what perishables may have been left in the kitchen. (I used to do such meals, but can't anymore, though we continue to oversee the kitchen and such as our ministry area.)

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Going to work as always. My department in the hospital has lightened since we are discouraging outpatients now.

gladecreekwy likes this.