How are you keeping busy?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JimmyM, Mar 18, 2020.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Here's my workspace in the TT. A couple hours of sewing later and the purple tote was finished. I'll work on the quilt during other times in the trailer.

Attached Files:

Rik Peery likes this.
  2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

I finally got my some lights wired onto our BIG boss to help with plowing operations. Started on these long ago and never got them done until now. The bottom one will give you an idea what a BIG boss is. P1040229.jpg P1040231.jpg P1040235.jpg P1040241.jpg on

Rik Peery, WVhillbilly and kitphantom like this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Cool Big Boss!

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  4. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  5. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

fix up two garage interior walls: wash, patch, spot prime, paint; after removing everything in the way (no small task)

Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Cleaned out the basement , garage soon. Lol.

Arlyn Aronson and Rik Peery like this.
  7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Since the wife brought her office to the house 2.5 weeks ago, I've been tads to the wall trying to make up for shamming the last 4 yrs of retirement ...I glow at night from all the cleaning chems I've been exposed to as she sits back & says "you missed a spot"...dang virus has turned my happy solitary lifestyle into a living breathing hell & I can't wait til her office reopens [LOL][CB][CB][CB]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  8. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem: I was the one who brought my office home. I spend too much time working one-handed with a baby or toddler in my lap.

9. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

WHIBY ONT\RIO NICE BAYS AND GREAT FISHING

10. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

11. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

I got desperate yesterday, I ironed all the shirts that have been collecting on the laundry rack!

kitphantom likes this.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I've been contemplating cleaning/organizing my shed. Lord knows it needs it. I've been busy with troubleshooting the brakes on my camper.

13. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Did some yardwork yesterday, trimmed some bushes and trees, and cleaned out the gutters.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I took a break from tote bags and quilts yesterday to make face masks for us. I had not gotten on the bandwagon of sewing them for hospitals, etc. because all the use this/use that, we can use them/we can't use them, made my brain sore. However, it's allergy season here, and both Courtenay and I have asthma, so we decided having masks might prevent panic if one of us has a sneezing or coughing fit while at the grocery store. Guess it's a good thing, the state (NM) has now come out with the recommendation for people to wear masks when they have to go out.[ Not N95 ones, those are supposed to be for medical use, and I'm not sure where those who don't have a supply of masks at home or can sew them up are supposed to get them.]
    My hat is off to those who have been churning out masks for others. I worked all day and managed to finish 10, so we can change between stores, and have some extra while the used ones are washed. I have 6 more almost done, I quit sewing at 8 p.m. when my back and neck were screaming too loudly to continue.

fourhallatts, Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  15. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Started cleaning the garage. Found out i never cleaned out the cooler from disney in october. Good new is it was cold the whole time so no mold etc. Better news is i now have an extra case of beer and soda[:D] Bad news is that i just realized i cant go to the dumps as its closed. So i may just straighten up a bit rather then the clean out job i wanted to do. They will only take the garbage cans , no bulky stuff.

neighbormike, Rik Peery and kcsa75 like this.
  16. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Since working from home I have no commute! So as soon as I finish we do yard work! Got a lot done! Saving money not having to fill up every week and less stress not having to drive to work and back!!! I do miss the social interaction with some of the folks I work with though! Also, got the garage cleaned! It really needed it. As soon as it gets a little warmer I can start working on my project car!!!

Sjm9911 and Arlyn Aronson like this.
  17. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

The dump is still open here. I'm glad, I made that trip 3 times last week.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Still working...for now... have part of our wide body fleet flying on demand international cargo..

Outside of that, lining up supplies to take care of all those small projects and finish off the odds and ends on other projects, for when the time comes...

19. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I go Fishing, also when you own a farm with animals you always have things to do so I will never get bored, I still miss camping but would rather wait and be safe ass this virus is a killer and @ 77 I do not need to rush my expiration date. I do miss church and our preacher does his sermon on Facebook, and also will send cd's if wanted /needed, I also miss my Lodge meetings and seeing my Brother Masons as well as going to a restaurant so we are cooking at home every night for the time being.
    Good Luck and Stay safe as "this too shall pass"

20. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We are still skiing here (called XCing) More photos are on the dogs blog. Its getting more spring like so skiing will be ending soon.
    P1040254.jpg P1040266.jpg P1040272.jpg

Sjm9911 likes this.