How are you keeping busy?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JimmyM, Mar 18, 2020.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Since I'm "retired", for me much of the difference for "Stay Home" - which is the current NM rating - is just that, not going to visit and sew at a friend's, going to the quilt shops, or out to lunch. I did get out for a CT scan this morning, and will be home until Saturday's grocery shopping, unless something unforeseen pops up. I'm still a bit ansty, as if I was snowed in, working mostly on smallish projects, or a section of a larger one. I plan to spend part of tomorrow out in the TT, doing a couple of tasks that are easier without feline helpers.
    We've gotten used to Courtenay working from home. It's not as efficient as going to the office, for a number of reasons, but at least he's making some progress. He's at one end of the house, my sewing. TV, & computer are at the other end.

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Mine is the Kobalt 26 gal Quiet Tech. It is a clone of the California models, although I see others have started to get on the bandwagon as well. Just yesterday I was at Walmart and found a floor model Campbell Hausfeld 8 gal for $55 that had the same sort of pump. Picked that up for use with my trim nailer and stuff that is needed inside. Strangely enough it actually has a smaller footprint than my older 4 gal Briggs that I had for that purpose, and it puts out more CFM as well. Funny though - they swapped the air gauges at the factory so the tank is labled outlet, and vice versa. Works great though!

I am really happy with the Kobalt. Initial testing with my shop tools seem to be OK, ran my impacts and ratchets OK. Grinders too, and the tank has some welded on hooks for hanging hose and coiling power cables and such.

3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Starting cross training for the ED tomorrow, front lines here I come...

akriot, gladecreekwy and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Is ED a particular dysfunction or something else that many of us do not have a clue about?

5. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

ED=Emergency Department!

akriot and kcsa75 like this.
  6. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We are still skiing here and my spouse still working at one area hospitals. These were taken this weekend and many more are posted on the dogs blog. [DOG] We knew the older gal in blue. Socialized dogs are good for people.... In the photos you can see that spring is sneaking up on us! P1040168.jpg P1040172.jpg P1040173.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Pommom70, akriot, JimmyM and 2 others like this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

That looks like a lot of fun. Those are some HAPPY dogs.

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  8. mitchmp

mitchmp New Member

Watching entirely 2 much tv. Playing 2 muc
    In day #9 of self quarantine aftr possible xposure. Endless yardwork, 2 much tv, reading, walkin, playin dominoes, playn alot of 5-string banjo.

9. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

As an Educator I have a few minutes of work to do each day but hell, I may as well be on Summer Break with all the projects I have to do. Took down the girls wooden play deck...hauled pieces to the road. Got my chainsaw fixed / tuned so now I have another project with a fallen tree. Yard Work, Yard Work and assorted other projects whenever the DD's or the DW don't need something...they're in Vitural School here in Jax, FL and the boss is working from home at least this week. I need to get back to my classroom where I do a LOT LESS physical labor...just as tiring but more mental.

The DW wants to retire this year so I'm also putting out the resume's to find something OUT of Education.

10. Bsoder52

Bsoder52 Member

New to this site, but enjoyed the content as a I prepare to refurbish a 20+ year old Pop Up, the first I've ever owned. Both my spouse and I are working from home and have our 2 kids (9&6) here with us riding out the pandemic. I started a thread in my refurbish project if anyone has input on what I should do I'd appreciate if you respond to my post...

https://www.popupportal.com/threads...of-reinforcement-project.128174/#post-1326462

Cheers!
    Bsoder52

Rik Peery likes this.
  11. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

Bought a new house that closed a week ago Monday so spent a week getting it move-in ready by repairing horrific drywall patches done by previous owners, re-painting everything, updating electrical outlets and switches to tamper-proof models (got a <1 year old crawling around and I hate those plastic safety plugs), and installing blinds/curtains. I'm putting in a new bathroom in the lower level, a joint effort with a local plumbing contractor and a lot of do-it-myself which is fun while trying to keep distance and sanitize surfaces after they leave. I got stocked up on supplies at Home Depot and Menards a week ago and the plumbers are done now until I get walls up, so hopefully I have everything we need for a while to keep going and they can come back after this has all passed. My old house is about an hour away so I'm also making plenty of trips back and forth to empty out the old one before closing next week. Too much to do and not enough time to do it all!

I work from home 2-3 days a week anyway, so not too different for me to work from home full-time. I do Enterprise IT consulting, so it's not a big change for me. I was already on scheduled time off last week when my employer went to mandatory work-from-home for everyone so I got to miss out on the chaos of my colleagues who aren't used to working from home try to figure out connectivity :)

Would love to get the new camper I bought last year out and some work done on it, if the closures stay in affect throughout the summer as some are predicting then I guess maybe I will... my "side" small business is completely closed down by the closures so maybe my pup is the silver lining? Gotta focus on the positives during times like these!

12. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I think my next project might be to install an RV plug in my garage. Currently have a 60 amp fused disconnect that feeds a 30 amp fused disconnect, that in turn has a 240V plug for welders and such (currently unused as I don't have any of that stuff) and a 20 amp 120V plug. Prior owner had a shop space in the garage, and I think had a hard wired 240V compressor to the 60 amp. Since I am finally getting around to cleaning and organizing the garage I should be able to make better use of the space.

13. Lowfatrawvegan

Lowfatrawvegan New Member

I’ve always homeschooled our 5 children so it’s just like any other week for us. Bummer is not being able to go to their team sports and field trips and we are really sad we cannot go camping in the pup.
    I was just saying to the kids that we should pull out our old tent and camp in the back yard. LOL!
    Stay healthy everyone!!!
    Peace.

BBQdave likes this.
  14. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Fellow homeschooler here :) And it's funny, but this has really impacted us too. Not sure if folks realize how much homeschoolers socialize, explore and move during the school year.

We miss our homeschool friends, but are still getting out on hikes and biking, giving space to others on the trail. NC is about to issue a "stay in place" order. Hopefully they will qualify that trails and green ways are still open to movement. Playgrounds and Parks (gov. and private) are closed.

Be well :)

15. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Daughter Dearest, a teacher, sent me this:

IMG_2193.jpeg

kcsa75, firepit, fourhallatts and 2 others like this.
  16. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Still working with hours cut back. Expecting/looking forward to get laid off next week. Looking forward to the break as I have bunches of acres needing my attention... and plenty of time to camp

17. Eskimorob

Eskimorob PUP life

Working from home...but I seldom go into the office anyway so it’s not a change for me. Lately playing with the new Engel freezer that was delivered last Friday. Man that thing is going to come in handy. 0 degrees on high with ambient temps in the 60s here. No more thawed food until I’m ready to cook it. Plan on using it to go completely iceless by rotating Arctic Ice ice packs between it and the drink cooler. Will still use the onboard fridge for stuff that can tolerate the slightly warmer environment.

kitphantom likes this.
  18. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

19. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

I used to cough to cover up my fart. Now I fart to cover up my cough.

Pommom70, firepit and BillyMc like this.
  20. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Prep and maintenance. Kids out of school, but doing elearning. DW and modern electronics is about like salt water and modern electronics. One of the kids devices wouldn't connect so she was having to drive him to the school and do his work in the car. Finally got home early enough that I could talk to IT. The whole time it was a wrong password for the filter!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020