How are you keeping busy?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JimmyM, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

We bought the house with a wooden swing down ladder. The top split so I replaced it with an aluminum version. Its safer, but its colder to handle in winter.

James Rucker likes this.
  2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

I'm fixing the extra lights I tried adding to our 6x6 this winter (its like a BIG atv) and failed. Also need to change the engine oil in the snow blower and a few other projects around the house. Of course we walk and/or ski with the mutts daily. Ya I know, all this is kind of boring stuff.

James Rucker likes this.
  3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Burning 2 stumps of the trees I cut down last week. Place smells like a state park.

James Rucker likes this.
  4. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

It's 7:45 AM. Got a full pot of coffee in me. Bathed, fed and its 63* F outside. Time to work on my 2 acres of yard. Think I will start off with the morning bike run.

James Rucker and JimmyM like this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Spring weather here in NM means we get lots of wind, today it is supposed to be chilly and very windy, so no working outside.
    The owner of the gym (& PT practice we use when necessary) called us last night, to check in - the gym is for those over 50, and members range into their 90s, so we're pretty much an at-risk group. They are going to try doing a class on Zoom today, that should be interesting. As long as I don't fall over my sewing set-up, that is.

Econ, James Rucker and JimmyM like this.
  6. James Rucker

James Rucker Active Member

Waiting out the weather so I can take our n.t.u. Pup out for a quick shake down trip. But in the mean time, the river works for social distancing and a few new parts for the pup! 20200324_154500.jpg 20200326_124955.jpg

7. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

I started the snow blower and let it run about 30 minutes in October.
    That kept the snow away all winter, so now I need to let it run again for a bit because we never used it.

James Rucker likes this.
  8. Arlyn Aronson

Shushing for gold? Whatever that process is called. I think photos should be mandatory. Thanks for posting some.

James Rucker likes this.
  9. James Rucker

Yep, Sluicing, just one of many. Fun for all ages for sure. And yes, I did take some home! Lol.✌

1380ken and Arlyn Aronson like this.
  10. James Rucker

Well, fortunately- unfortunately, mine gets plenty of use every year. We had a super mild winter, and now spring brings us plenty!

11. Arlyn Aronson

Copper was discover here in large enough deposits to be mined in the 1840's. Natives had been mining it here for a few thousands years previous to that but they used a very specific type. I love my industrial history!

copied from Wiki
    Copper mining in Michigan became an important industry in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Its rise marked the start of copper mining as a major industry in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_mining_in_Michigan

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    James Rucker likes this.
  12. James Rucker

I'll be taking our pup to a place called Seneca Ca.. The mining history there dates back to the Ca gold rush era. Forget prospecting, to see some of the OLD diggins', why it is simply amazing what the old timers were able to accomplish w/out modern equipment like cranes and bulldozers. But unfortunately the scars from hydraulic mining w/the old monitors remain. Yesss, I love our history here as well!!

13. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Laughing so hard! Had to share with my wife :) I would "like" your post, but am afraid of social shaming :)

14. James Rucker

15. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

hello i am self isolating for the last 3 weeks seems forever .i live alone and rent a room but i rent a part of the garage and buy and sell outboards ,,its still cold here in ontario ,,but tommorow i am gonna get my motor on the boat ,get it ready then i will isolate in the middle of a lake ,,our camp grounds are all closed .bought new shoes for my cpleman sedona ..still got snow on it lol ..keep safe every one ,,god bless us all

Arlyn Aronson and James Rucker like this.
  16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Currently still working, not sure for how much longer... sad to be bubble wrapping the planes to park them for storage.. 20200327_074243.jpg 20200327_075614.jpg

FARfetched and James Rucker like this.
  17. JamesJM

JamesJM New Member

Heavy equipment mechanic here so no changes. Still working and remodeling my PUP on the weekends. Apparently I can take my time. Most areas around AZ just closed down. Need to start looking at my boondocking / dispersed areas to keep going out. Just hurting my fishing time.

18. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Runways at Pittsburgh airport are filled with parked planes. Couldn't guess how many.
    After a storm this morning, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.
    I know of a couple spots far off grid that I could park the camper, or I just might take the motorcycle out for a while.

19. Arlyn Aronson

Peter, I used to work on outboard motors at a marina but that was long, long ago. Are you one of the G lakes? We're on the south shore of da big one.

20. jacinda

jacinda Member

work from home[​IMG]