How are you preventing theft? (my sad story inside)

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by sanrico, Oct 7, 2019.

1. FreeStipule

FreeStipule New Member

I was also thinking about Airtag(s) when I made the post below about gps trackers, didnt see that part of your comment.

Think a big sticker or other sign with “this camper contains a gps tracker” printed on it would be effective deterrent? I am honestly not worried too much about theft at least at home since we usually have a vehicle parked in the way of hitch, and am working to create a parking spot for camper inside yard fence, but the thought of sending a location to enforcement has some appeal.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  2. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office Gold Supporting Member

Airtags (and Tile, and other such systems) only work when the item is moved to a location where someone who opts into the tracking network gets near enough to the tag to have it register its whereabouts. So if they drag it off to a woods somewhere and they don't have a tracking phone themselves, you're out of luck.

probably better than nothing, but it's not like a backpack where it's going to constantly be around students with phones that can report it.

DiamondGirl likes this.