How did you come up with your screen name?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bud121156, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Worked 6 years as an auto body repairman and used bondo to repair dents (also used lead) and the 54 is the year I was born. [usa] [PUC][PUT]

2. trav

trav New Member

It's my name just shorter.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

3. JBousselot

JBousselot Member

I've got fifteen gazillion online login accounts for work and personal stuff. Having seen the other names here I regret being so un-creative but when I joined up I had no idea I'd stick around so long.
    I also had no idea the screen name would be such a distinguishing mark for the people behind the keyboards. Meeting a few of them at the rally was fun to get to know the back story on the nicknames.

4. nancyanddan

nancyanddan Active Member

All I could think of when I joined was putting my name and DH's name together. So I did. [:D]

(and since I'm the main poster here - DH just browses - I put my name first ... after all, Ladies First!)

5. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

First three letters of my first name and first three letters of my last

6. Wildwoodflower77

Wildwoodflower77 Member

Uhmmmm.... has anyone ever heard the song? I'll just leave it at that :) 77 was just an add on so I wouldn't duplicate someone else's screen name when I started using it about 10 years ago.

7. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

The first tent trailer we had as a kid growing up was a 1965 Nimrod Riviera. We inherited it in the early 90's,
    and used it before we bought a tent in '98. I loved that Nimrod, and after having a teardrop for
    3 years, we bought our Jayco.

8. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

This is my gamertag handle for my PS3 and one email account....I love, love, love anything and everything Halloween...even as a kid...didn't care for Christmas (everyone is always telling you to be good for Santa) but for Halloween you get to run amuck in a dark neighborhood..begging for candy..playing tricks on neighbors...and scaring the hell out of yourself and your friends...what more could anyone ask for? Can't wait to spend Halloween at a CG with the PUP.....saw a few places in Michigan that do that...not here in CO :(....

9. Britcopinaz

Britcopinaz New Member

I'm from Germany, I'm a fireman, and I live in Nevada...soooooo

Britcopinaz it was. [LOL] [LOL]

10. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Last name. Most people call me by my last name or some variant (i.e. Wolfman)....lucky 13 at the end and first initial at the beginning.

11. Gringo

Gringo New Member

I am an avid fisherman and my wife is Mexican (I am white - like I burn with SPF 80 sunblock white), I am known on a few NW fishing blogs as "Gringo Pescador" (gringo fisherman). From that the nickname Gringo was created.

12. BigDan

BigDan A bad day camping beats a good day at work

i have been between 275 and 300 pounds since i stoped growing and i am 6'4" tall and my name is dan

13. wecamp

wecamp Member

It is my license plate

14. top magoo

top magoo New Member

i'm an IT guy now, we used a chat to communicate at work where we picked goofy names.

i started with ears magoo, then when the USMC Reserves promoted me to Gunny, i changed to gunny magoo. when they (USMCR) made another bad decision and promoted me to Master Sergeant (aka top), i changed to top magoo.

15. Flipper

Flipper New Member

Long story short, I'm an avid freediver and lost a "Flipper" on one dive. Dove the remainer of the dive with only the one fin and got my limit of abalone and fish!

16. nomoretent

nomoretent Member

[LOL] Love reading everyone's stories!

Last June when school let out we had reservations to go camping in southern Virginia in our tent. Weather forecast was 105 degrees. Having tent-camped in VA summer heat and thunderstorms before, we cancelled the trip and it looked like we would get no vacations that summer. Telling my sad tale to a co-worker, she told me about how her family had camped in a popup when she was a kid. I was on craigslist in five minutes. Two weeks later we bought our NTU 1994 popup knowing nothing about PUPs. Spent all summer (in 100+ degree heat and daily thunderstorms) restoring the pup. Been out 7 times so far and love every mintue. Got a massive storm this past week while camping - we were giggling about how awesome the PUP was holding up. So for us, there will be no more tent.

17. bigbluetraverse

bigbluetraverse New Member

Well kind of simple... BIG BLUE Traverse Blue is my favorite color so guess what my screen name is on the Kawasaki Fourm,,, Big Blue Vulcan :)

And when I had my Grand Prix GTP --- Big Blue GTP....

[​IMG]

18. airmech2210

airmech2210 Member

I'm an aircraft / avionics technician

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

19. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

My name outside and my nick name on the inside also my email address just add @yahool.com

20. Lou48314

Lou48314 New Member

Lou = my first name.
    48314 = my zip code.

:))

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2