How did you come up with your screen name?

A440Hz

Jul 6, 2021
I play guitar (among some other instruments) and I like to be in tune. Western music (Western as in civilization, not as in "the other kind of music besides Country") has A440 as its tuning standard, that is, the note A is set to 440 vibrations per second or 440 Hertz (Hz).

Seven3smoke

Jul 28, 2021
Colorado
Years ago I was into Diesel trucks and was on a bunch of truck forums owned a Modded up 7.3 Powerstroke at the time. I have used it on every forum from that time on.

ElkRam

Aug 19, 2021
I came up with mine after I got remarried and my last name changed.
My first initial L (spelled out is El), my middle initial is K, and the first 3 letters of my last name Ram= ElkRam.
I worked at Yellowstone for a season many moons ago; it reminds me of that time, plus I love animals, so it fits. :)

Jonico

Aug 31, 2021
Upstate NY
Mine is a combination of the first three letters of my name and the first four letters of my wife's name... sharing the n.

Love this thread... very interesting

Nimrod 70 Owner

Apr 2, 2019
Oregon
When I found this site, I was in the process of trying to buy a Nimrod70 popup. The owner was very hard to deal with and every time we tried to set up a time to see it, he'd flake. I lived over four hours away from him, and I wanted that popup bad. We made arrangements for the next day, set off to buy it, and he swore he'd be home. We got halfway there when he responded and said he sold it the night before. AFTER he knew we were already on the way. So we went sightseeing and shopping where we ended up at and found a cool new area to camp. I wasn't going to ruin a perfectly good day. I thought I read that you can't change your name, so here I am. A reminder to be wary of what and who you are buying from.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
When I found this site, I was in the process of trying to buy a Nimrod70 popup. The owner was very hard to deal with and every time we tried to set up a time to see it, he'd flake. I lived over four hours away from him, and I wanted that popup bad. We made arrangements for the next day, set off to buy it, and he swore he'd be home. We got halfway there when he responded and said he sold it the night before. AFTER he knew we were already on the way. So we went sightseeing and shopping where we ended up at and found a cool new area to camp. I wasn't going to ruin a perfectly good day. I thought I read that you can't change your name, so here I am. A reminder to be wary of what and who you are buying from.
That's not only terrible its mean of him. Geez.

30 years ago I worked at an emergency call center and whenever I said my name Lawrence over the phone, the reply was always, Warren? Lorne? so I began to say "Lawrence - like the river" (referring to the St Lawrence river for those not in Canada or Northern US). Anyways, this worked a little too well as my coworkers began calling me that and it stuck. There you go.

MarkintheHV

Gold Supporting Member
Dec 9, 2021
I bet you can't guess where my screen name came from? ;)

Mark is in the Hudson Valley (where my hat hangs for now)