How do I find matching fabric?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by tcarlson2003, Jun 4, 2016.

1. tcarlson2003

tcarlson2003 New Member

We have a 2002 Jayco Eagel Summit and the Queen side bunk valance is missing. I actually like the pattern of the curtains and valances. Where can I find matching fabric or a replacement for the valance? Anyone doing mods on a similar model that wants to get rid of their curtains?

2. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

If the curtains and valance are the same fabric, here's a couple of ideas:

- if you have bunk end privacy curtains - and they are solid (all fabric), cut a strip off the top and replace with mesh curtain/voile fabric. You now have ventilated privacy curtains and extra pattern fabric to replace missing valance, and/or add matching accent to throw pillows or bed pillowcases (silhouettes, initials, stripes .... SEE pic):

- Cut strips off the bottom and/or butting centers of all curtains and replace with solid color or other coordinating fabric. Then use the patterned strips the same way for the missing valance and accent pieces.

If the curtains and valance are not the same fabric:

- I would pick a solid color out that you like from the valance fabric. Purchase solid fabric that color. Cut and replace approx a one foot piece from each valance where it is in the corner "in the room" - this will get you 6 feet of fabric to stitch together for the missing valance. (with one foot solid pieces on either end would be an 8 foot valance.... You may of course, need to tweak these measurements!

Attached Files:

3. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

Either scenario, you will of course, need to obtain extra clips or tape or whatever for however your valances are mounted.

Attached Files: