How do I use my exterior gas connection?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by mai_lin, Jun 9, 2021.

1. mai_lin

mai_lin Member

So when we got our new to us 2005 Fleetwood Victory we knew it originally came with an external gas grill. The seller was not the original owner and didn't have it but they did give us another small camp grill we could use small propane cans with (its pretty bogus grill, btw). So I know I have an external connection by the door for LP gas. I know the gas works as we've used it for propane heat.

I gather, from reading the parts book and user manual that this is a low pressure system and I should be able to hook up anything that needs propane to it. I have a coleman camp stove, a camp chef stove/oven, a blackstone 17" and that crap little weber grill. I'd love to be able to use them without lugging a 6 pack of propane cans.

What do I need to purchase to do that? Will this work? https://colemanpopupparts.com/collections/lp-system-related-parts/products/exterior-grill-hose-kit

How do I test it to make sure its working and safe?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

If its a low pressure line, you will need to make sure that the stuff you hook up works on low pressure. Otherwise you may find it dosent work well, and in some cases not at all. If your stuff has build in pressure regulaters, you will have to remove those, if you can. Some stuff thats doubble regulated will not work at all. The pressure isnt enough to get through the regulater. I think some have had sucess with the blackstone. The other stuff i have no idea.

3. mai_lin

mai_lin Member

ok - I'll do some research. The exterior grill hose kit - is that what I would need in addition to the regulator changes on the units themselves?

Thanks for the help!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on the input of the appliance being used. But i would say that would work. Its quick connect to the pup, so that should be the corect end to 3/8 mail fitting. Worst case you kit bash the male fitting to work. Lol.

5. p

p Active Member

6. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

there is another looong thread on this subject